CAD Lights Aquarium BR1 Recirculating Pellet Reactor

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Jesus, that looks sick!!!! I want this so bad!!!! Mind if I ask how much it was!?!? The website looks like it comes 100% complete, with no extra plumbing required!!!

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
its supposed to run 750 ml pellets without compromise,nothing like the video they have on the site,had lots of small issues,the plumbing was cut wrong o 2 pieces,had issues fitting together,supposed to be 1/2 inch PVC but i think its Chinese equivalent,not quite the same fit.right out of the box the pump impeller was not secured,had to remove thepump and assemble it,the lid fit was all but 1 screw lined up properly,had to back off all the other screws to get it started,and now i dont see the flow i though i would get,mind you ALL the pellets are moving

theyangman

Distinguished Member
The video shows a tidal wave of pellets swooshing around

[youtube]m3ZXKWzJBEI[/youtube]

They say not to use round pellets. What are you using? BRS?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Doesnt the second valve at the output hose need to be adjusted as well? But I guess it is all guess work as there were no instructions? Find anything online? I am just starting to look now.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
the video online is what sold me,the main valve controls the recirculate and the valve on the output controls....well the output,its wide open.if i get the inclination tomorrow i will reduce the pellets and maybe take the pump apart again

nexusnight

bought a pipeless 100 and was very diasapointed with build and overall quality also. returned and will not be supporting the cad lights skimmers. I know someone that has this reactor and he says he loves it.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
if sealife wasnt so far away i would of seriously considered returning it,was very disapointed at the quality of the unit in general.its in my sump and working like the last video i posted  but i am hearing these can clump up as well,wasnt worth the $212 but if it works without issue it will stay in the sump

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
212?!?!? For a bio pellet reactor??
I thought you where the reef scavenger , not the high roller lol
Coulda sold you a tlf-150 and a Mj for 35$
Would do the same job.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Poseidon link said:
212?!?!? For a bio pellet reactor??
I thought you where the reef scavenger , not the high roller lol
Coulda sold you a tlf-150 and a Mj for 35$
Would do the same job.

i have a reactor that was working ok,much better thank a tlf150 with a maxijet,just to large for my sump and clumpped up on occasion,this dazzled me with the whirlwind video and ....oh well,still works much better than the tlf in my opinion

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Meh, I have the tlf 150, and dialed half in off my mag 18 return line I get insane random tumbling; hsvent touched it in 6 months... Key is to have a prefilter on your pump, and Maintenance is a breeze because it's small and compact,

I used to run a vertex reactor on my 180g, hated it, Maintenance was a PIA, and never ran right with bio pellets,

Well I hope for your sake that your cad one wrks great, It would be a damn shame to spend that much and get an Inferior product :/

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
the whole manufacture is inferior,even compared to the tlf 150.but the cone shape is whats gonna keep the pellets runnin,yes your right,i could of got a cone pellet reactor cheaper but i was impressed with the recirculation process as well as the tornado look in the video,lesson learned

harleymike

Super Active Member
pulpfiction1 link said:
the whole manufacture is inferior,even compared to the tlf 150.but the cone shape is whats gonna keep the pellets runnin,yes your right,i could of got a cone pellet reactor cheaper but i was impressed with the recirculation process as well as the tornado look in the video,lesson learned
I have noticed more than just a few products are cheaply built.  But there are some great products out there also.
With that being said, they are all way overpriced for what you get.  I mean really a protein skimmer. What the hell goes into one of those for 500 bucks.
Just one example.

nexusnight

lol your all too right. In this hobby they've "got u by the balls :eek:" so to speak cause we need the gear and will pay whatever the cost is, well within reason anyway...or not in some cases. I dumped the pipe less skimmer and ordered a reed octo 110. checkin out their product line they have some sweet gear and seem to be using some of the same principles as CAD Lights. hmmm....