Calcium And Magnesium Low

Janice

OK, I just tested again and got 410 on the fresh batch of water. I think the issue was that the water sample was not EXACTLY 5 mms because the syringe it comes with does not have a 5 ml mark. I have found a better way to draw up the water in the syringe so that I can ensure that it is exactly 5 mls and NOW I can test the tank water and ensure accuracy. Thanks very much,Janice

Janice

Yes, I just tested the tank water and it comes in at 335ppm calcium. So should I dose it now with some of the calcium (Red Sea) I bought this morning??

Nighthawk26

Listen to the good advice you are being given. Test again with proper kits with proper methods. Also note that you should probably do some more research and reading online for yourself. It's not as simple as just adding Cal to increase. Your mag level and alk level all play a roll together.

Also as noted, don't ever chase PH. You will certainly cause more issues then ever likely fix. As long as you are above 7.8 you are more than fine, and the higher your alk, and the more in peak lighting you check, the higher it will look.