Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: CaribSea Aquarium Substrates

One bag did the bottom of my 29gal nano. Maybe it just depends on the bag size? Lol, no bag jokes please lol.

Sadly, I did get mine at Petsmart, but have not seen it since.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

davesolo29

Super Active Member
how deep did you make it?

I dont like a whole lot.  its either very shallow or very deep for me.  no in between.

i just picked up 3 bags from milton.  $50 each.  should be more than enough for my 200 gallon.  Might only use 2 of them.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
It's got to be the most widely used substrate from caribsea and is definitely the best for a SSB.  I used a mix of sugar with special grade seafloor on top for my DSB.  I also used a bag of crushed coral in the really high flow area..just to keep the sugar sand from being exposed.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I love the fact that I can read other threads and learn so much! I had a crushed coral base in the 65 and thought that possibly it was too rough for some of the inverts. The 135 came with sand and I've very quickly decided I don't like it. The tomato clowns do a great job of swishing it all over everything. I was thinking about adding a little of my crushed coral over top of it, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. Thanks Darryl for the info about the various substrates you've combined. I love the look of some of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.