China LED LIGHTS 120W Full spectrum ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-ROMBERG

Inactive Since Crash
INACTIVE

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I think its a good deal if it doesnt have quality issues.  $189 plus free shipping for 55pc. bridgelux 120w full spectrum dimmable light.....you probably couldnt build a DIY for that.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
I think its a good deal if it doesnt have quality issues.  $189 plus free shipping for 55pc. bridgelux 120w full spectrum dimmable light.....you probably couldnt build a DIY for that.

Jerrys running one of these.. not full spectrum.. its great looking and probably trumps my AI Sol hands down.. bridgelux are great LEDs and these fixtures are good deals and look to be of better quality than the AI light in my opinion.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Duke link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=4175.msg38029#msg38029 date=1359389230]

Jerrys running one of these.. not full spectrum.. its great looking and probably trumps my AI Sol hands down.. bridgelux are great LEDs and these fixtures are good deals and look to be of better quality than the AI light in my opinion.
[/quote]

Can't be true!  ;)

S

saltnureye

I just got one in the mail a few days ago.  I have yet to put it on my tank but so far this thing is VERY bright.  Make sure you pick up the dimmable version especially if you are putting it on a 38g.  They usually go for $150-180 but was lucky to pick this one up for $130 delivered. If you want I can send you the ebay seller I got it from.  He does not have "buy now" option just bids so you can score one for cheap if your lucky.

At first impression this thing looks really good, nice enough housing, dimmable switches for both blue and white and like I said VERY bright.  It runs 55 3w bridgelux powered at 2 watts.

The only thing I dont like about it is the possibility of not having the right spectrum.  It seems to lack that warm color with all the cool white/blue/.  I am going to open this bad boy up and see if I can switch out a few of the LEDs for warm white (6500k) and a few UVs.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
These are identical to the DIY kit I built last year. It cost me 400$ plus my time and headaches to build three 40 led pendants. Which did not include the red green and the other blue. Honestly if I had seen these I would buy these over my kessils just for the colours. I had great success with bridgelux LEDs. You can go wrong for 190$ free shipping. These are way brighter than my kessil IMO. I want to see the colour difference in coral using these colours.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
saltnureye link said:
I just got one in the mail a few days ago.  I have yet to put it on my tank but so far this thing is VERY bright.  Make sure you pick up the dimmable version especially if you are putting it on a 38g.  They usually go for $150-180 but was lucky to pick this one up for $130 delivered. If you want I can send you the ebay seller I got it from.  He does not have \"buy now\" option just bids so you can score one for cheap if your lucky.

At first impression this thing looks really good, nice enough housing, dimmable switches for both blue and white and like I said VERY bright.  It runs 55 3w bridgelux powered at 2 watts.

The only thing I dont like about it is the possibility of not having the right spectrum.  It seems to lack that warm color with all the cool white/blue/.  I am going to open this bad boy up and see if I can switch out a few of the LEDs for warm white (6500k) and a few UVs.

dont worry its the right spectrum.. you are going to grow coral well if you address all the other factors, lighting is only one part of it.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
saltnureye link said:
I just got one in the mail a few days ago.  I have yet to put it on my tank but so far this thing is VERY bright.  Make sure you pick up the dimmable version especially if you are putting it on a 38g.  They usually go for $150-180 but was lucky to pick this one up for $130 delivered. If you want I can send you the ebay seller I got it from.  He does not have \"buy now\" option just bids so you can score one for cheap if your lucky.

so your model did not have all the "full spectrum" leds this one has?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
saltnureye link said:

I'm almost of the opinion that the white LEDs are pretty much for viewing only.  I'm too chickenshit to do it, but I think you could grow coral with just blues, royal blues and UV bulbs.  I'm sooooooo tempted to kill the whites for a couple of weeks. 

S

saltnureye

The problem I find is they are too blue for my liking.  I am sure the correct spectrum is there but its just a personal preference.  I am trying for a 14k look and right now they look closer to 20k plus.  Really I am just trying to run these things at max without getting the windex bottle look.

The nice thing about the dimmers on separate blue/white ballasts is I can play around with the color temp.  The only problem I find is to get a 14k ish look I have to drive the blue way down (around 30-40%).  Since these LED are already underdriving (2 watts) I want to have the ability to run them close to 100%.  The idea is to add a few 6500k led and some UV to help balance out the blue.

50% Royal Blue 460nm/deep blue 440nm.
50% Cool White 8000-10000k

Jewel

From what I've heard, these lights are great as long as you don't have warranty issues then hey you might not be able to get the customer service that you expect.

paoul

reefbreeders.com has them pretty sure they are same unit or close too for 179 shipped if in us with 2 year warranty shipping to Canada is around 30 bucks each unit so $210 a unit and they warranty it themselves little more comforting than a warranty from china. also can choose different optics and custom bulb layout if wanted for few bucks more.

S

saltnureye

I have the same fixture but that one is nice because you have the option of changing out LEDs. I am still not 100% sold on it as I have yet to see it properly on a tank (still building).
Darryl if u wanted to test/try it out before pulling the trigger let me know and you can play with this one as its going to be a while before I get it over a tank.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
saltnureye link said:
I have the same fixture but that one is nice because you have the option of changing out LEDs. I am still not 100% sold on it as I have yet to see it properly on a tank (still building).
Darryl if u wanted to test/try it out before pulling the trigger let me know and you can play with this one as its going to be a while before I get it over a tank.
thanks, ill trust that your happy with the quality but your light would be a different mix of leds so it wont really show me what i want to know.

xxmurrxx

Krazykarl link said:
Man. For 220$ you can't go wrong. Wish I saw those before I spent 1300 on kessil.

Only prob is you would probably need more than 1 for a bigger tank, and if they don't end up being what you thought they were quality wise your out $440 + then you'll still have to buy what you were looking for on top of that.

That said.. I don't know anything about these, and they might be great and save you $, just something to consider i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.