China LED LIGHTS 120W Full spectrum ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
Darryl_V link said:
I sent it back today...i wasnt convinced that it had any 420nm leds..  It seems decent but to similar in proformance to my DIY made it not worth it for me.

Good because I perfer DIY infact I have 8 420's in this rig over my frag tank.

optics.jpg

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
tdb320reef link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=4175.msg40519#msg40519 date=1360711320]
I sent it back today...i wasnt convinced that it had any 420nm leds..  It seems decent but to similar in proformance to my DIY made it not worth it for me.

Good because I perfer DIY infact I have 8 420's in this rig over my frag tank.

optics.jpg

[/quote]

Now tat DIY build is a masterpiece! What kind of par numbers are you gettting.?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
More importantly what kind of LED and optics are those...never seen those before.

You know I just realized a minute ago Im gonna be out shipping to me and back to that guy....there goes $60 for trying.  Hopefully no paypal fees or I will lose it.

The other problem I see with a lot of these manufactured fixtures is the spread sucks.  It had 55 LED and spaced together and it seems to spotlight really bad.  With DIY I always spaced them out for better spread like tdb

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
im more interested in hearing about your LED setup on your display tank.. what type of LEDS are you running on there? is it similar to your frag setup just larger?

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
Darryl_V link said:
More importantly what kind of LED and optics are those...never seen those before.

You know I just realized a minute ago Im gonna be out shipping to me and back to that guy....there goes $60 for trying.  Hopefully no paypal fees or I will lose it.

The other problem I see with a lot of these manufactured fixtures is the spread sucks.  It had 55 LED and spaced together and it seems to spotlight really bad.  With DIY I always spaced them out for better spread like tdb

Coverage 100% has been my issue with what I call the pizza box leds.  Those are Cree Stars running at 1000MA and driven with  5 Meanwell 60-48D thus dimmable with the APEX.  They are 30 multi-colored and yes spreading them out has provided consistency like t5's.  I am getting about 600 Par at 100% of a 12” frag tank  and running 50%  and the fixture is about 12" off  the water.  Those optics I ordered from a Chinese Optic Manf. and run @ 80 Degrees.  All of the wires are ran inside of the C-Channel.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
I posted a pic of the frame on my introduction section.  It is 94" X 24" and will have about 256 LEDS or about 1200 watts.  I dont what to hijack the thread but will post in the DIY.  I am using new LDD drivers and building a Jarduino for the touch screen PWm dimming granularity.

C

Camps23

Hey Darryl I was really hoping to hear a good review as I almost pulled the trigger on this fixture.
http://reefbreeders.com/bridgelux_value.html
I purchased a 34g solana cube and I'm going with full LED'S.
The reviews for the above LED are really good on RC and nano reef.
If I don't go the china route I plan on going with the
Maxspect Razor 160w 20.5" fixture. Unfortunately it almost 3x's the price
http://www.marinedepot.com/Maxspect_Razor_R420R_LED_Light_Fixture_24_Inch_LED_Light_Fixtures-Maxspect-0M1131-FILTFILDTF-vi.html
Will I see a huge difference in a lps and softies tank?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Maxpect is china to but what isnt? 

That reefbreeders seems better but still i wouldnt know with out trying it.  I think i would diy if i wanted another led light.

C

Camps23

Darryl_V link said:
Maxpect is china to but what isnt? 

That reefbreeders seems better but still i wouldnt know with out trying it.  I think i would diy if i wanted another led light.

Hey Darryl,
Problem is I just don't have the time to put into a DIY kit.
Based on what you saw with the fixture you got do think it would be a decent light for
an LPS and softie 20x20x20 cube ?
I'm just really torn if I should spent 200 on the no name fixture or 450 on the brand name.

B-ROMBERG

Inactive Since Crash
INACTIVE
Camps23 link said:
Hey Darryl I was really hoping to hear a good review as I almost pulled the trigger on this fixture.
http://reefbreeders.com/bridgelux_value.html
I purchased a 34g solana cube and I'm going with full LED'S.
The reviews for the above LED are really good on RC and nano reef.
If I don't go the china route I plan on going with the
Maxspect Razor 160w 20.5\" fixture. Unfortunately it almost 3x's the price
http://www.marinedepot.com/Maxspect_Razor_R420R_LED_Light_Fixture_24_Inch_LED_Light_Fixtures-Maxspect-0M1131-FILTFILDTF-vi.html
Will I see a huge difference in a lps and softies tank?
THe 20" fixture only comes in 120W the 27" is 160

C

Camps23

THe 20" fixture only comes in 120W the 27" is 160
[/quote]

Good eye...Still tor between no name and brand name...
Anyone ?

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i think best bet is to look for a used name brand.

i had the oppurtunity to try the 1st gen radion, and have seen several of the china ones in use.
I really dont think that there is much difference.  Except warranty purposes.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have the no name. Works fine for lps at the look I want around 20k. Sps I would want a par meter before putting them over a full blown tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.