Status
Not open for further replies.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
yveterinarian link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=2522.msg24834#msg24834 date=1346596066]
Yveterinarian- Glad to hear about the the clam, I really want to add a clam, but am worried my CB will see it as food. That ould be an expensive treat! Did you add your clam before or after the CB?

My clam was in there first.  It is a Blue Tridacna Crocea
[/quote]

Maybe I will make an attempt with a less expensive clam and see what happens

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I added my Crocea a couple of months after the CB and he has never even looked at it.

However he has started stealing mysis from my Sun Corals....

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Just over a year now and as happy as ever...

DSC02144.jpg

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I believe the one i have is the one Bill has pictures of.  I got him from Spyd a few weeks ago.  Was eating mysis.  Today he is breathing heavily and laying on his side.  I dont expect him to make the night.  I dont get it.  Water params are all in check, the rest of the fish appear to be fine.
Everyone eats regularly.  Skimmer is working.  Only thing i can think of is the temp may be a bit cool.  Would have to find my thermometer to confirm.  But i doubt its more than a couple degrees.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Bill@IA link said:
For anyone interested in trying these I currently have 4 Copperbands InStock and eagerlyeating PE Mysis just like our Copperband in the SPS system

We have had them just over two weeks.

Be glad to show you in person or via video.

BillsAquariumMay2012ForScreen-32.jpg

Bill, your CBB in your display is indeed a beauty.  IMO, the CBB is one of the most beautiful reef fishes.   

I purchased one of the CBB's Bill speaks of about three weeks ago, he was the second smallest he had, but despite his small size was crushing mysis at the store.  I got him home and even though he is on the smaller side and low on the pecking order relatively, he is still agressively going after mysis and more than holding his own with fish three times his size.  Not to mention I've caught him eating aptasia on several occassions to boot! 

B

Bill@IA

Thank you Jordan. My CBB is still patrolling for those unwanted pests......and PE Mysis.

How they nail those Mysis shrimp in a tank with all that water flow whipping dinner around, is an incredible feat. ...and hours later it still hunts for any escapees. :)

Definitely agree with you on their beauty...and always had a soft spot for CBBs.  It happened to be the first Saltwater fish I got to observe at length, in my first saltwater dive. ..... along the coast of Venezuela.

Glad to hear your CBB is doing well.

:) 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
My little sister got a puzzle on the weekend from relatives that were down, and it was a copperband fish with 2 clownfish. They are amazing looking fish. Definately want one when I upgrade tank eventually.

jroovers

Super Active Member
This thread got me eager to take a couple pics of my CBB - they are stunning fish, no doubt.

CBB-1.jpg

CBB-3.jpg

CBB-2.jpg

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I love that second shot.  take out some of the graininess in the water and you have yourself a POTM winner in any contest.  I would say magazine quality for sure.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Here is a pic of my CBB....thought I would share on this thread even tho pic quality is not good.....new camera for Xmas I'm hoping ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
What is picking on it? The YT or BHT? I had to remove my YT in order to keep my CBB....

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I'm not sure about two CBB in a tank.....I can say tho that I have never seen anyone keeping two together successfully. Don't be surprised if YT starts picking on him too.....the CBB are nice fish but don't get a long well with most tangs....especially if the tangs are in there first. I am having good luck so far with my CBB and chocolate tang.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Revived this thread when I saw the other starting, hadn't posted for a while....

1 year 5 months now still growing and happy, PE Mysis, Omega One Bloodworms (his Fav), and even dried shrimp.  I'll admit, I buy the odd cheap Aptasia infested frag just as a treat (he goes wild).

DSC03007_zpsb53c2cb5.jpg

DSC03009_zpsbb169333.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
AdInfinitum link said:
Revived this thread when I saw the other starting, hadn't posted for a while....

1 year 5 months now still growing and happy, PE Mysis, Omega One Bloodworms (his Fav), and even dried shrimp.  I'll admit, I buy the odd cheap Aptasia infested frag just as a treat (he goes wild).

DSC03007_zpsb53c2cb5.jpg

DSC03009_zpsbb169333.jpg

He came from big Al's in London originally :)
I kick myself for selling him to you ... But if I remember correctly you pointed me in the direction of this forum so I guess it was worth it ;)

jroovers

Super Active Member
AdInfinitum link said:

DSC03007_zpsb53c2cb5.jpg

DSC03009_zpsbb169333.jpg

Beauty, looks healthy as heck.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.