Cutting Rocks

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Nope not an ice chisel... a cold chisel is a hardened steel chisel. It's in the tool section at both stores... it will do the work you need. It will say right on the rack... " cold chisel".

Pipes

Cold chisels are commonly used on concrete. Ask for a concrete chisel and they will know what you want. There are all kinds of sizes and points (centered, side, concave)

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Cold chisels are commonly used on concrete. Ask for a concrete chisel and they will know what you want. There are all kinds of sizes and points (centered, side, concave)
They are actually called a cold chisel though and will be sold as such on the shelf at the store

Canadianeh

e782e464cd660720c76c9e58f3bb0fab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
So Home Depot sells it for $16 plus HST for that size. It is wayyy too big for me and I don't need it that much. I have to look around to see if anyone has a left over that they don't use. Otherwise I sm going to use fauns marin spray foam

Canadianeh

I should have listened to you guys about using eggcrate. But on the other hand, I already bought and opened the Fauna Marin Reef foam, so I could not return it anyway.

The foam dry up pretty quickly, however It is hard to get an even surface out of the foam, and you will end up trimming some of them of. In addition, they are hard to clean off if you get them on your fingers, tables, and etc. At the end, I ended up peeling off the foam off my rocks, and then went to Home Depot to get an eggcrate. It was so much easier by ten folds!! The other cons of the foam is it is for one time used. You can't keep the remaining for storage. Never again! I ended up spending more money than I should just to have some base for my rocks!

nevek67

I have a flat piece of dry marco rock I can part with, it hasn't scene water so will need to be cured, I also have some egg crate that came with the frag tank I got, I am willing to part with it.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize you already dealt with it. Sorry I didn't catch up quicker.

Canadianeh

I have a flat piece of dry marco rock I can part with, it hasn't scene water so will need to be cured, I also have some egg crate that came with the frag tank I got, I am willing to part with it.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize you already dealt with it. Sorry I didn't catch up quicker.

yeah it is a bit late, but thank you so much for your offer.