Dam Computer

heath

Distinguished Member
Windows 10 is your problem :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree about the windows 10, it came with it and I installed it and HATED it, currently running 8.3 and I love it... with the critters I have I would hate to see the hair that is in there, scary I'm sure...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I agree about the windows 10, it came with it and I installed it and HATED it, currently running 8.3 and I love it... with the critters I have I would hate to see the hair that is in there, scary I'm sure...
I pulled mats out of several people's laptops and computers.

I agree, there should be easier access to cleaning them in regular laptops. Took me forever to get at my old laptops fan and grill. My Alienware is just 2 screws to remove the bottom plate, then the fans are right there. 2 more screws and the fan is out to clean.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

My Alienware is just 2 screws to remove the bottom plate, then the fans are right there. 2 more screws and the fan is out to clean

WOW Really? That's awesome!! As far as I know most laptops don't make it that easy. The same with printers to get to the waste ink tray. Instead of letting the owner easily empty it most companies make it difficult to get to so you have to send it in for service or replace it. Such a wasteful society just for the sake of profits. :mad:

I'm not a car guy but don't they make a lot of engines the same way? The parts that many could fix themselves are buried beneath more complicated and time consuming parts to remove. Sorry ... I think I'm turning this thread in a different direction. :oops:

Heath ... if you could get a pic of your screen when you get the green screen myself or somebody else here may be able to help! (As long as there's a message or error or something on the screen.) :)

shamous113

I've seen video cards do wonky things when they over heat, green screen, rainbows weird crap. re win 10 make sure to go in to settings, privacy and turn off every thing your not using, or comfortable with tracking you.

there is no error message just a green screen, I do have audio, I can hear them...

Does it do this every time you play a video? Only on videos or other times as well? Also do you have a cooling tray under the laptop? I ask about the cooling tray because when I had my laptop problem with the fan vent being clogged I put a cooling tray underneath. This lengthened the time before the laptop started doing strange things like getting errors and restarting. Just thought if you did the same thing and got the same results it may be the same problem.

Also is this a new problem? When did it start? Sometimes installing new programs can have adverse effects that you don't find until later.

Just thought of something else. Do you have any issues watching videos online ... such as youtube etc.? If not you may just have to reinstall the program you use to watch videos or choose a new one.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Could be the display cable has been Jared loose, there is a cable that runs from the display to the keyboard. I used to repair laptops when I was in IT. Could be a bad screen, best bet is to take it to Best Buy get the geek squad to look it over and see what it'll cost you. But laptops are like Bic lighters and printers. Just throw em away and buy another one. But then I have a bad attitude

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Wait till the computers take over... then the damn things can clean and maintain them selves. ...lol

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have a Roomba,it cleans the place pretty good. Just likes to eat cords and trap itself in the bathroom. But other than that

OK ... So I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night. Had a few hiccups but everything seems to be running fine now. The problems I had were actually with the video driver. It didn't update automatically and every time I full screened a video (even YouTube) it would crash. So I upgraded the video drivers and voila. Of course then my video player needed to be updated as well to work properly.

Heath ... not sure what you're using for a video player but I have been using one called PotPlayer for the last few years. I used to use VLC but was having problems with a few file formats so switched to PotPlayer. They're both free to download and last night I downloaded the new Beta version of PotPlayer and it seems to be working fine so far. You could always try one or both of those programs to see if that helps with your video problems. :)

Just an FYI for anybody upgrading. I ended up still having a problem with full screen YouTube vids in Chrome. I made sure to update it as well. However I noticed it was fine in Firefox and Potplayer still worked in full screen. After several frustrating crashes & reboots and an automatic SEVERAL HOUR disk scan I found the solution online. In Chrome under MENU (3 bars top right), SETTINGS, Show Advanced Settings (at the bottom) and then under the SYSTEM header there is a checkbox for 'Use hardware acceleration when available'. Uncheck that box and then YouTube vids work fine in full screen.

Other than these few video issues I'm liking Windows 10 .... so far. And I did remember to turn OFF most of the items in the PRIVACY menu. :cool: