Darryl_V's 200G SPS reef......

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Not bad in the display. The naso and other tangs have always taken care of it. Valonia/bubble algae can grow pretty easy even in otherwise healthy tanks though.

benzzz

I have noticed too a small increase in bubble algae.  Doesnt bother me too much , I have a 12" pair of stainless tweezers and pick them off from time to time. Then my screen on my CL intake grabs them and I take em out.

spyd

Super Active Member
For someone who is "neglecting" their tank... Your corals are still amazing!!! I can't even get colours like that and I baby my tank. lol. Well done Darryl!

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
spyd link said:
For someone who is \"neglecting\" their tank... Your corals are still amazing!!! I can't even get colours like that and I baby my tank. lol. Well done Darryl!
i think it's just the age of the tank and the slow and cautious nature in which I make changes. 

That said the tank is definitely not in its prime. Funny but the fish seem to be hardest hit from my neglect. I'm down to 2 tangs from 5. With the reduced water changes and overall maintenance I also have been feeding way less. 

Jewel

I too have BA, Got it from a Frag from another Reefer, It's manageable, Looking at my LPS dominated tank and seeing how well it's doing makes me think that in the not so far future that I will sell all the LPS and slowly interduce SPS. I'm really, really happy with it so far. Your Tank has certainly been  an ispiration to me personally, What happened to the other 3 Tangs, ( Retired from active service in the big tank?) lol

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
I too have BA, Got it from a Frag from another Reefer, It's manageable, Looking at my LPS dominated tank and seeing how well it's doing makes me think that in the not so far future that I will sell all the LPS and slowly interduce SPS. I'm really, really happy with it so far. Your Tank has certainly been  an ispiration to me personally, What happened to the other 3 Tangs, ( Retired from active service in the big tank?) lol

I would slowly add the SPS while there is still LPS in the tank photosynthesizing and calcifying.  Take them all out and you'll throw off the balance and stability that you've built up.