Darryl_V's 200G SPS reef......

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Thats neat to see, i was over snooping on reef central, i wanted to see some of the first shots of darryls "famous" pieces and found that photo above, theres also some good photos of the palmers blue milli from like 7 years ago when it was still only frag sized and the red digi too. its crazy to think how much that red digi has gotten around because of Darryl. way to save the reefs 1 coral at a time ;-)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Duke link said:
Thats neat to see, i was over snooping on reef central, i wanted to see some of the first shots of darryls \"famous\" pieces and found that photo above, theres also some good photos of the palmers blue milli from like 7 years ago when it was still only frag sized and the red digi too. its crazy to think how much that red digi has gotten around because of Darryl. way to save the reefs 1 coral at a time ;-)
Its amazing to think how much coral a large and healthy tank can grow.  To me getting corals to colour and grow has been the most enjoyable part of this hobby.  Of course when they do the opposite...well that is the most frustrating.

spyd

Super Active Member
I agree. Absolutely unbelievable how well you were able to accomplish astonishing growth over the years with all those aquacultured corals. Being able to see your tank in person for so long, it was amazing to see how well some frags would grow into colonies for you in what seemed like such a short time frame.

Bayinaung

Darryl_V link said:
A cool one with no name....suggestions welcome
P1017534.JPG

Hey Darryl, if nobody's suggested a name, here's mine: toadskin acro.

thumb300_MTM0ODQ4MDAxNDE0MjgwXzE.jpg

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Bayinaung link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=1179.msg53568#msg53568 date=1371131101]
A cool one with no name....suggestions welcome
P1017534.JPG

Hey Darryl, if nobody's suggested a name, here's mine: toadskin acro.

thumb300_MTM0ODQ4MDAxNDE0MjgwXzE.jpg

[/quote]

I think Darryl calls it Burning Embers....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Hey Guys.  Just an update.  My tank has been fairly pillaged but still some corals are left.  Mostly my larger, less rare pieces.  My interest in the tank is nil and maintenance is less than minimum.  My RO membrane is shot and I've been adding 75tds water the last 2 weeks.  Surprisingly the tank isnt all that bad.  The sand has some cyano and the tank tank is loaded with aiptasia.  Some corals are slightly less colourful now, yet others are just as colourful as ever.  Like I mentioned I've sold off most of my livestock at this point but maybe 25% left.  I hope to have it completely shut down by the end of April.  I'm planning on being at fragfest with the MJC guys so I hope to see you all there.

Here are some pics I never posted from February.  Some of my corals that still look alright. 

Ultimate Rainbow Acro. 
P1018365.JPG

Ultimate Bonsai
P1018367.JPG

Northern Delight
P1018362.JPG

ORA Red Planet
P1018370.JPG