Darryl_V's 200G SPS reef......

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
:drool:
I remember seeing it a couple times in your frag tank and it was always looking bigger and better each time.
Might need to add it to my collection.....i got the jf aqua delight but it is definitely much different imo....both are :drool: worthy haha....perhaps a trade in the future....

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I snapped a cool macro of my Limade Nausta yesterday..

P1018145.JPG

jroovers

Super Active Member
Nice shot Darryl!  :drool:

For whatever reason, my limade frag just doesn't want to show its polyps.  It is encrusting nicely and showing some growth.  It is darker at the base and lighter up around the tips, but no sign of its polyps. 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
sweet photo, that coral looks like the RR Jawdropper minus the red coloing.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I didn't buy it, nor do I plan on buying it, it's a hyped up nice coral that I would like to have but won't pay the ridiculous asking price, and bythe sounds of it there was a waiting list to even get it anyways .. Lol

The blue polyps and coral structure are what made me think it looks like the jd.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Duke link said:
I didn't buy it, nor do I plan on buying it, it's a hyped up nice coral that I would like to have but won't pay the ridiculous asking price, and bythe sounds of it there was a waiting list to even get it anyways .. Lol

The blue polyps and coral structure are what made me think it looks like the jd.

I have heard its a quick grower so I think you will see more and more of it soon.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
hey darryl, remember this photo? 2006... is that coral in the top left your sunset milli?

FullTankFeb24.jpg

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
That was my first saltwater tank Ben.  It was a 55g long I had as a freshwater that I converted to salt in 2005.

So, you are human after all.... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
dang straight....I have a pictures somewhere of that tank with a freshwater vinyl on the back while it was still salt. 

I've had my ups and downs......most of those acros you see in that tank I managed to kill. 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Haha I'm just busting your nuts Darryl.
The only tank I had ever seen of yours was your 200G and I can easily sum that tank up by saying it's the best I've ever seen... In person or on the net.... I am very happy I was able to see a masterpiece like that in person and it's made a serious impact on me in this hobby.
I guess it goes to show though that everyone starts somewhere and it's usually a far cry from the world famous Darryl_V 200G SPS Reef Tank...