Daves 200 gallon DD tank build

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Hey all.

Figured with all the build threads going on, i would start my own now.
Currently running a 120 gallon tank and will soon be upgrading to a 200 gallon.

I wasnt planning on doing a new build anytime soon, but with all the new toys i have picked up recently it just wouldnt be right to have them all in my beat up tank that i have now.

Over the last month, i picked up a new vertex aquaristik alpha cone 170, a tunze 6215 wavebox, and a vertex illumina LED fixture. So, i figure it is also a good time to get a new glass box.

After weeks of looking for something used that has the dimensions i am looking for, and not succeeding, i finally found a brand new marineland 200 gallon deep dimension tank (48x36x27)for a great price. Only problem is, it is in Ottawa. I have talked to the guy selling it and he is actually planning a trip to Toronto in the next couple weeks and has agreed to bring it with him. Lucky me!!!

I am currently planning my stand and sump build to suit all my needs. I only want to do this once, so it has to be perfect.

I will post more once i get a better idea of what i am doing.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
just got my new LEDs running.  man are they ever nice.  Im so glad i opted to not go DIY.  this thing is sleek and the programming is very user friendly.

T

trigger gta

hahahaha

what tank is this? 6? 7? i think every 6 months you get a new one!

davesolo29

Super Active Member
thats the idea Darryl.  I rushed the last one a bit and have regretted it since.  This one i will have plenty of time since i will keep the 120 running until well after the new one is cycled.  Then i will take my time slowly moving things over and stocking a bit at a time.
I am certain that i will enjoy this build quite a lot.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
davesolo29 link said:
thats the idea Darryl.  I rushed the last one a bit and have regretted it since.  This one i will have plenty of time since i will keep the 120 running until well after the new one is cycled.  Then i will take my time slowly moving things over and stocking a bit at a time.
I am certain that i will enjoy this build quite a lot.
Patience really is key to this hobby...Rome wasn't built in a day.  You have to take pride and enjoyment from the small things at first and keep the big picture in mind, than one day it all comes together.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Patience really is key to this hobby...Rome wasn't built in a day.  You have to take pride and enjoyment from the small things at first and keep the big picture in mind, than one day it all comes together.
[/quote]
I already have it in my mind that this will be a year long project.  No cutting corners. 

davesolo29

Super Active Member
woohoo!!!..
just confirmed tank pick up date and time.  next saturday 10am...  Should have it home by noon.
Im so excited.  I have never owned a brand new tank bigger than 35 gallons before.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
heres a quick pic of the new tank on my floor

IMG_1039.jpg

and because i keep getting harrassed about not posting fts of my 120, i took a couple of those too.

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

S

Siderjan

Lookin good Dave!  Just to make you feel better, my lost fish list for this year is longer then yours.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
things have been on hold a bit for the last few days.  but, the baby has come and we are all home happy and healthy.  so now its time to get things on the go again.  lol