Diy Coral Snow?!?

Chef G

I would like to clarify one thing though. This is NOT to be confused with marine snow and/or TLF marine snow (A food for filter-feeding marine invertebrates that feed on particulate and dissolved organic matter, phytoplankton and zooplankton)...

1099431114.gif

Here is a reefbuilders.com article on it. Nice little quick read. https://reefbuilders.com/2013/10/07/zeovit-coral-snow-awesome/

I will be looking at it when I get a doser and set up it to dose 10ml a night or other night. It will replace GAC (activate-carbon) and give you the same clarity only automated, cheaper and cleaner. I was looking at a 3 head doser (calcium, mag, lanthanum chloride), but now starting to think I need at least 4 if I like this. Maybe I will just use my old DIY doser for this ;)

yes, the recipe I posted a link for is this product

Korallen-Zucht-ZEOvit-Coral-Snow-250ml-99.jpg

Chef G

Ok, so for kz recommendations. I haven't ever followed them. Of course they want you to use it every day. It may make a slight improvement. However not only do I use every few days I don't use as much as they say to use either.

Now. Is there a recipe for Pohls special and LPS?

Either way, in the summer KZ usually has 40 off sales, and thats when I try to buy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

as for LPS and Pohls special no idea, if I ever find anything rest assure my frag tank fam will be the first ones I tell!

Nighthawk26

I would like to clarify one thing though. This is NOT to be confused with marine snow and/or TLF marine snow (A food for filter-feeding marine invertebrates that feed on particulate and dissolved organic matter, phytoplankton and zooplankton)...

1099431114.gif

Here is a reefbuilders.com article on it. Nice little quick read. https://reefbuilders.com/2013/10/07/zeovit-coral-snow-awesome/

I will be looking at it when I get a doser and set up it to dose 10ml a night or other night. It will replace GAC (activate-carbon) and give you the same clarity only automated, cheaper and cleaner. I was looking at a 3 head doser (calcium, mag, lanthanum chloride), but now starting to think I need at least 4 if I like this. Maybe I will just use my old DIY doser for this ;)
Not really possible to dose this. It needs to be shaken really well. It almost completely separates.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
At $120/liter, of coarse they tell you to do it daily ... 1-4ml/25gallons even ;). LoL For me that would be 6-24ml a day. A $120+ 1 Liter bottle would be drained every 5 weeks at a daily 24mL dose. *yikes*
No big deal for a man of your significant means! But for the rest of us a little mixing is worth it...:p

Themaddhatter

Not really possible to dose this. It needs to be shaken really well. It almost completely separates.

Just spit balling, but what if you set up a dosing container with. Small powerhead stirring it full-time? Maybe even program the powerhead on your apex or reef Angel to come on for 20 minutes before dosing...hmmmm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nick James

I'm late to this party but eBay.ca has food grade calcium carbonate for this recipe at reasonable prices. This might be something I try in the near future as preventative maintenance.

Deptron

I ordered some food grade calcium carbonate from Amazon, @TORX let me know if you want some, I think I have way more than I'll need for a while.

Tdizz

I bought 5 lbs of it!

It works pretty damn well; and you don't have to be affraid of over dosing it.

I could either sell a pound of the powered itself, or I could make a batch and sell it pre-made/mixed.

thehvacman

I picked up some to try, my question is can you dose it as well as use carbon, or should the carbon be removed? I wish I would have paid more attention in chemistry class!