Do You Feed Mysis Everyday ?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Oh heavens no! Would you want the same thing for dinner every day?

I feed ever other or third day. Fish don't really need that much food and water quality is important. When I do feed I feed with a turkey baster over the course of the evening. Like 3 times from 5 pm to 10pm

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
I have a frozen blended concoction of mysis, krill, table shrimp, squid, clam, oyster, perch, reef roids, garlic and ployp booster that I feed normally every other day and then just flakes and pellets the other days

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Oh heavens no! Would you want the same thing for dinner every day?

I feed ever other or third day. Fish don't really need that much food and water quality is important. When I do feed I feed with a turkey baster over the course of the evening. Like 3 times from 5 pm to 10pm

My cat eats the same food lol . I just can't get my copperband eating pellets loves mysis and he looks on the skinnier side so I feed mysis everyday but I have a few agressave eaters so I need a good amout ..
I wish you could spot feed a fish like a coral lol ,
I also have new life spectrum pellets I'll toss in every other day with a bit less mysis .
The copper bands a tiny like 1" 1/2 long

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I have a frozen blended concoction of mysis, krill, table shrimp, squid, clam, oyster, perch, reef roids, garlic and ployp booster that I feed normally every other day and then just flakes and pellets the other days

Damn ! How much lol ? Gotta love a home blend im just to lazy and hate sea food haha

heath

Distinguished Member
I make my own food as well, its Mysis, shrimp and brine along with garlic and their vitamins..ALL of my fish are very healthy.. I think the cost is a lot cheaper than the prepared foods and I know what I am feeding...

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Seafood medley
Shrimp
Fresh garlic
Spiralina
Nori
Reef roids
Polyp booster
Brightwells aminOMega

Blend then scoop into ziplock feeder bag. Flatten and freeze.

I made a batch back in early December and have only used about 25% and I feed my fish three times a day

Sony Xperia Z3
I'm defiantly going to add nori next time aND it really dose seem to last at longer...someone needs to invent a auto feeder for frozen foods!!