Do You Feed Mysis Everyday ?

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Ouch ! Lol I'm confused so do you rinse everyting or you rinse it before feeding in the tank finds like frozen mysis from the fish stores ?

heath

Distinguished Member
I don't rinse my Mysis or brine shrimp before its add to the mix and I only chop the shrimp, nori and garlic...

benzzzz

Don't forget to add fresh garlic and fresh aloe straight from the plant. Peel the skin and add only the inner part

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Don't forget to add fresh garlic and fresh aloe straight from the plant. Peel the skin and add only the inner part

Aloe? this is the first time I've heard of adding Aloe to home made food mixes !

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
ive never tried aloe and would want to try a test run on a separate tank if i did.If fish could benefit from it without ill effects im sure the big companies would have jumped on that in a hurry.

@benzzzz what fish and corals do you have and how much aloe do you use? and how long have you used it? ive always wondered but cannt find really any info about people using it for salt. i do know some freshwater treatments contain aloe. gonna have to do some more searching myself i guess lol its always good to think outside the box.

Aprilia

Just like that man said aloe in the recipe

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 27

Aprilia

Benzzzz do you make your own food using those ingredients?
Or listing what was in chef roggers recipe ?
I'm looking at trying to make my own fish food. Got a huge aloe plant sitting in the hallway lol
Use it on burns and scars lol
Would be an endless supply.

benzzzz

Yes I follow his recipe. I try to buy fresh only from market but frozen works fine. You can subtract scallops and lobster and still makes a good meal. My tangs and other fish go nuts when I feed 3-4 times a week. And yes peel the outer skin off aloe plant . It is sticky but fun to make.

Aprilia

Any chance you can post your recipe ?
Quantities and basic instructions ?
My tank is tang heavy so tank is stripped of natural grazing foods.
They would appreciate that added intake.

benzzzz

Dried nori from the grocery store is always hanging on a clip inside my tank for my tangs.. They chew at it all day long and is cheap supplement. Cheers !