Elos 150 SPS Collection

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Very sad to hear. Strange that all these acros are going RTN all of a sudden. Approx. 3 months ago I had an acro similar to "needle in a haystack" go completely and suddenly bleach white from bottom up. It was wild but i had grown it out very nice....probably 4" from small frag. Then another about 2 weeks ago.... Also within 3 days white bottom up. Again, wild specimen but I had grown out for awhile and it was probably 2".... Copperkills seen it and thought maybe too much light but I dunno.....now, tonight another....a "green slimer" frag...probably wild again who knows...it took forever to start growing and then finally did about 5 months ago...but now tonight it is RTN again....base completely bleached....I am going to pull that one now and dip it now. Don't know what's up... :(
One thing is that I did have an alk spike from about 8 to 9.4.....and calcium was 500ppm.....slowly bringing back down now.... My temps are bang on and I have even had drastic temp swings awhile back without any signs of coral or fish stress.
Sorry to steal your thread btw Dwayne....keep us all posted.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Reef Hero link said:
One thing is that I did have an alk spike from about 8 to 9.4.....and calcium was 500ppm....

Are you running biopellets or carbon dosing?  Based on what I've read, I've heard that type of spike when running pellets (above 8 dkh) is a bad thing.

Hopefully your changes result in things stabilizing Dwayne.

Hayes

I do run pellets but have been doing so for over a year so Im not sure thats the culprit
Limeaide has stopped STN or its so slow I cannot see it anymore.
Other than cleaning the skimmer no changes

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I doubt pellets is the cause.....doesn't like everybody besides me run those... Haha
Joking aside, happy to hear that the TN has stopped or atleast slowed.
I forgot to mention before that I also was experimenting with dosing KZ High Concentrate AA....I was dosing 4 drops every week. I have stopped this AA experiment....
The limeade is sweet piece. Did you get from Darryl?

Hayes

Lots of cleaning and cutting out, still cloudy and a crappy cell phone pic but eh...

20130921_185224_zps3509f7c2.jpg

Frag tank

20130921_221838_zps2a23b53a.jpg

20130921_222008_zpsba55010c.jpg

Hayes

Frags are not for sale. Going into my work tank that will be more LPS and stuff that "moves"
Just no time for an SPS tank at the office, too much work

The tank seems to be better but at the same time several pieces are growing and have great colour, others look weak, pale and could go either way. I dont get it
Overall it still looks fair to ok