Engine swap?

AdamS

I have a 2000 Jetta, man I hate that POS! It stalls randomly, like it did 10 mins ago at oxford and veterans, then again at oxford and crumlin.  No worries tho, just sit for 5 mins and it starts right back up!

vwvortex.com is a very good forum.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Engine swap?

I loved my jetta.  Unfortunately at 400000km the floor wouldn't support my weight.  Diesel engine was going strong still.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
nah my timing chain went... gonna cost 4000$ to fix,
i can buy an entire new engine with 60,000km on it from a wrecker for 800$...
just gotta find someone to install..
its either that or i gotta finance a new car... anything in the 12-15k range...(if you have any suggestions feel free)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Engine swap?

Hyundai elantra, best bang for buck right now if you go new. 0% financing too if that's the route you go.

First 700 litres of gas at 99 cents.

If you do, let me know and send me a pm. There's a refferal they pay out, $200 master card or something.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Re: Engine swap?

unibob link said:
Hyundai elantra, best bang for buck right now if you go new. 0% financing too if that's the route you go.

First 700 litres of gas at 99 cents.

If you do, let me know and send me a pm. There's a refferal they pay out, $200 master card or something.

Drove one of these a few years ago as a rental and I was surprised to find I loved it!  I had heard only trash talk re: Hyundai, but  after driving one I think it was totally unfounded.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Engine swap?

I think they have came a long way. KIA and Hyundai are partners of some sort as well I believe.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Engine swap?

unibob link said:
I think they have came a long way. KIA and Hyundai are partners of some sort as well I believe.

We have a Kia sorento 2011... Hate it, so many problems.

Not sure, I like those new Cruz's

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Re: Engine swap?

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=unibob link=topic=5538.msg1#msg1 date=1370524545]

We have a Kia sorento 2011... Hate it, so many problems.

Not sure, I like those new Cruz's
[/quote]thats what warranty is for 

spyd

Super Active Member
Our family wagon is a 2010 Hyundai Vera Cruz. It is a well built unit! Only issue I have had is faulty wiring on my stereo which I got fixed and a little too much wind noise for my liking... But that is just getting picky. lol. They have com a long way though and you get a lot of value for your money. I like that my vehicle is still covered under warranty for another 25,000km and I have owned it for over 3 years now.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Engine swap?

unibob link said:
5 year bumper to bumper. What's wrong with it.

Steering pump shot 150kms after the warranty expired. Had engine issues,
We bought it brand new, the seats had faulty bolts, rocked like crazy, warranty looks after that but still... The seats moving around is a bit of issue lol

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
Can I chime in that I absolutely love my Lincoln?    ;D

POS.. haha

i got a quote for 136$ bi weekly on 0% financing for 72 months for a 2013 Ford Focus se.

AdamS

I really like the focus. But I am very bias to Ford.

Everyone i know that has a hyundai says "just got a hyundai, i love it" then 2 years later "need a new car, this one is falling apart"

If i was buying new I would go ford, but I get A-plan. If used i would go camry.

Just my $0.02, not saying its correct, just my $0.02

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
ya and with the financing the guys cutting us a break because we bought my dads truck through them as well..
total price comes to 19,500 or something like that, but the taxes are included in that price!

im reading as many reviews as i can before i do anything, i cant be with out a car for much longer... already having to rebook appointments :(

my only problem is, with putting a new engine in my jetta, A- it'll take a lot of time, and B- who knows how long it'll go before something else breaks that i have to repair... its getting old and quite rusty lol.