Engine swap?

AdamS

Didn't you say 2006? Volkswagons have have 10 year rust warranty. I had my 2000 all redone a couple of years ago. Mechanically it is falling apart, but the paint was shiny!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Petercar link said:
Get natural gas

lol i remember back in the day we had a propane pickup... was efficient as well and cheap too, but it was hard to find gas stations that sold propane.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Engine swap?

I just ended up getting a new used car.
I just couldn't wait for a car any longer and I'm losing business not being able to drive.
If anyone is handy with cars and wants to buy the Jetta and throw an engine for themselves send me a pm, I do have it listed on kijiji as well!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Engine swap?

I just ended up getting a new used car.
I just couldn't wait for a car any longer and I'm losing business not being able to drive.
If anyone is handy with cars and wants to buy the Jetta and throw an engine for themselves send me a pm, I do have it listed on kijiji as well!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: Engine swap?

daleomilla link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=5538.msg53509#msg53509 date=1371049725]
Corey's in London said they had an engine with 60,000k for 800$
they say that for all the engines that they sell don't know haw they only get 60,000k on all of them.
[/quote]

I know there was a think in hong kong or someplace where at 60,000km it was cheaper to replace the engine in a car than pay the smog tax, so there were -shiploads- of engines that were (are?) shipped to n america every year.  My buddy was into MR2s for a while and he always got these 60K engines.  Now that I think about it I believe he swapped engines because it was cheaper than changing the timing belt/chain. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

daleomilla link said:
they say that for all the engines that they sell don't know haw they only get 60,000k on all of them.
[/quote]

I know there was a think in hong kong or someplace where at 60,000km it was cheaper to replace the engine in a car than pay the smog tax, so there were -shiploads- of engines that were (are?) shipped to n america every year.  My buddy was into MR2s for a while and he always got these 60K engines.  Now that I think about it I believe he swapped engines because it was cheaper than changing the timing belt/chain. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=daleomilla link=topic=5538.msg53542#msg53542 date=1371087955]
[/quote]

[/quote]

+1, this is what ive heard also