Finally! Got my Biocube

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryBlossom

Hey Guys! Sorry for the no posts these past few weeks, didn't really have much to talk about since my tank wasn't in... Finally it's here after a month 1/2 wait!

Here it is set with my live rock, I am mixing my water as we speak....

8eryheba.jpg

My water is RO water from one of the water depots in town, I'm currently pre mixing my water with my salt, testing it with my refractometer and leaving it sit over night to get to room temp, I will test again after work and go from there with adding it into the tank...

So I will keep everyone updated on things on my end! I'm also getting two power heads and a protein skimmer for the tank as well next week

Should be an exciting & maybe frustrating journey into my first saltwater tank experience!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
CherryBlossom link said:
Awesome! Sounds good... Thank you! I think I'm going to add more live rock to it

Might you want to take out a bit of the substrate? Would definitely give you more room for rock / aquascaping.

chief hill

I enjoyed setting mine up. I started with the basic setup then ended up drilling it and running a sump.
Just to get the extra water volume. 
Have fun. Looking forward to seeing it grow. 

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

CherryBlossom

Finally got all the water in and tank running tonight, took out a half bag of sand from it, looks much better!

It's cloudy and my levels are at 1.020, was aiming for 1.023 but I'm close enough for just starting it up tonight...

Live rock is in, so now i am just waiting for the water to clear, I will post a picture when it is

spyd

Super Active Member
Looks great! Personally, I really like the aquascaping just the way it is. If you ever decide to get corals in the future, I would increase your salinity up to 1.025. Great job so far.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I woudl bring it up to that range anyways:) Looking good... let the tnak sit a whiel before putting anything live into it :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Neopimp link said:
I woudl bring it up to that range anyways:) Looking good... let the tnak sit a whiel before putting anything live into it :)

Drinking early neo? Nice typing skills :)

CherryBlossom

ryjujagy.jpg

Better picture a few hours later...
I will be bumping my levels up to 1.023 and I won't be putting anything live in for a few months, I want it to really cycle and be 100% good to go with my upgrades before anything

P

phi delt reefer

the longer you wait the better. Though you should keep a fish or two in there to keep the live bacteria active/multiplying.

You'll go through a bunch of different algae and bacteria blooms as your system balance over the next YEAR. So don't get discouraged and throw in the towel as many newbies do. Keep at it and you'll see the fruits of your labour.

If you want to keep pest algae's out of your tank - just cut off the frag plug from future frags. They usually have algae and other "baddies" housed all over them.

I've personally introduced bubble algae, cotton candy algae, gracillia and chaeto into my tank without wanting to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.