Red ( shrimp pellet)
Black (marine diet pellet)
Brown ( nls)

Marine flakes

Seaweed

Frozen Mysis

Results

All except flame turned away from
Everything, flame ate 1 or two of the red shrimp pellets ( that's what the store fed them)

I then soaked ALL of the foods in garlic guard

Raccoon butterfly ate a flake then spit it out, showed interest in other pieces but just swam away...

Potters completely ignored everything...

Need tips and suggestions plz :) don't wanna lose these guys

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Contact the seller and see what they are feeding. I have even grabbed a weeks worth from the seller in the past. My cardinals would only eat mysis for the first few weeks, but have recently started eating New Era Marine with the rest of the clan now.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Contact the seller and see what they are feeding. I have even grabbed a weeks worth from the seller in the past. My cardinals would only eat mysis for the first few weeks, but have recently started eating New Era Marine with the rest of the clan now.
Seller fed the red shrimp pellets and seaweed, and I saw all 3 fish eat

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
it can take time - frozen works best in most cases. small amounts at a time. What other fish? are they aggressive eaters?

I've got these guys in qt linked to my display, so there not getting picked on or anything, angels are separate as well, hopefully it's just them adjusting and I'll keep trying everything I have soaked in garlic

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Good luck just watch those parameters when feeding that much in a qt - add an airstone if you can.

It's linked into my whole system so not isolated, I will be watching params regardless and doing a water change at some point in time today to keep it in check

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i allways try live brine almost everything will eat them instantly i then start adding chopped froxzen mysis with the brine once i see they eat mysis i go just mysis and mix some pellets with polyp booster ime it does attract them more then you should be good and wean them to whatever pellets your using..... you just have to convince them its food with something similar they know is food, i believe thats how yvette trains the seahorses to eat frozen as well but not sure

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
You are right Steve. I offer frozen chopped up with their live foods then gradually convert. I don't think this will help Brandon though unless it might help shaving the frozen Mysis to make it smaller. I use a potato peeler for the smallest shaved then an Xacto knife for larger pieces.
Very strange that they were eating the same thing you are offering. Are your water parameters the same as the sellers were? Could it be something else that has put them off their food that they need to adjust to? Lighting, water temp, pH... just grasping at straws...

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Well the raccoon shows interest in food, even bites it but then spits it out, picky little bastard lol. Bece was nice enough to bring me some of his homemade mix and the raccoon seemed to eat some of it. So maybe he just needs time to adjust,
Still nothing from the potters though