Fish Eating Help

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Brandon, I have lots of newly hatched brine shrimp if you would like to try some to tempt their appetites. I even have some Nanno for feeding the brine if you want to grow them out a bit before you feed them to the fish. Let me know. I'm working this afternoon/evening but am off all weekend.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
annndd the healthy part when meh...
raccoon has ich, idol picked it up too, but im not too worried about him cuz hes eating quite well...
makes me un- easy to have visible ich in the system but as long as no one else is stressed it should be ok for now......
we shall see

sunnykita

Super Active Member
annndd the healthy part when meh...
raccoon has ich, idol picked it up too, but im not too worried about him cuz hes eating quite well...
makes me un- easy to have visible ich in the system but as long as no one else is stressed it should be ok for now......
we shall see
ohh shit ! I hope it's stress and they overcome it Brandon ! best of luck !

jroovers

Super Active Member
I've found with finicky eaters you are best to try and feed small portions, many times a day. My regal took a long time to get going, he would literally eat nothing, then only eat one piece of Mysis at a time, so I fed a small amount 6 or 8 times daily. Even if they only mouth it then spit it out, they are getting used to the food... once they starting eating more and more, then you can back off. Hopefully they are coming around.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Found out what this little raccoon eats
b4558399c79283aa3a362b98aebfb5a5.jpg

Not sure if it's hair algae or something else, grows under the dual t5

Now I'll just have to figure out how to grow more for now :/

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Well, grabbed reef cuisine Saturday, flame angel loves it,
Raccoon still couldn't give a crap, it's not the seaweed he wants haha
And the potters I spotted grabbing a nls pellet :)

So really only guy I'm concerned about it mr raccoon here

And the idol, eats like a pig but still fighting the ich

sunnykita

Super Active Member
so time to start cultivating more seaweed? At least he's eating something LOL here's hoping they all work out for you and the ich disappears again;)

saltyair

Hope everyone is eating now.

I've got these guys in qt linked to my display, so there not getting picked on or anything, angels are separate as well, hopefully it's just them adjusting and I'll keep trying everything I have soaked in garlic

I didn't notice that your qt is connected to your dt.
you might know this already but your actually defeating the purpose of quarantine. I would just put the eating fish in the dt at this point (less stressful) might be able to unstress the foxface?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yea it's not really a qt
More just isolation, to keep an eye on them and if they need assistance it's easier to baby them in a small tank :)

saltyair

Yea it's not really a qt
More just isolation, to keep an eye on them and if they need assistance it's easier to baby them in a small tank :)

And easily caught if needed ;)

Imho if they are eating I would keep the isolation to a minimum unless you see issues pop up in the first 3 days. You will be adding a second stress period whe adding to the dt

jroovers

Super Active Member
Well, grabbed reef cuisine Saturday, flame angel loves it,
Raccoon still couldn't give a crap, it's not the seaweed he wants haha
And the potters I spotted grabbing a nls pellet :)

So really only guy I'm concerned about it mr raccoon here

And the idol, eats like a pig but still fighting the ich

How's the racoon doing? Any photos of this fish and the idol? :)