Flappy Bird

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
i got 5 as my high score.. i thought he removed it from the stores now? i downloaded it when all the rage hit a week or two ago

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
There are iPhones being sold on kijiji for 1000+ with the game on it.

Owner and developer said the game was too addictive, made a post on all his social media feeds saying it would be pulled in 24 hours from the stores, the downloaded rage began as people began to download it, some just to find out what all hype about. He is making $50,000 from the ads at the bottom of the screen a day just from the people who downloaded it and play it.

I'm not sure if the non store one has ads?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Duke link said:
i got 5 as my high score.. i thought he removed it from the stores now? i downloaded it when all the rage hit a week or two ago
he did take it off.  He says that he took it down because it was too addictive. I think he took it down because he got threatening letters from Nintendo because the sewers look like the ones from Mario.

Anyways have fun trying to beat my score. No cheating.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=7938.msg83625#msg83625 date=1393495746]
he did take it off.  He says that he took it down because it was too addictive. I think he took it down because he got threatening letters from Nintendo because the sewers look like the ones from Mario.

Anyways have fun trying to beat my score. No cheating.
[/quote]

wasnt there also a story of a kid who killed his brother in the states over it?
i heard he also recieved death letters FROM people who hated him because they were too addicted to it.

And jerry, there was a guy selling an iphone 3g, (worth maybe 50-100)
with flappy bird on it on kijiji and he sold it for 600$ lol ( i had msgd him 'interested' and he let me know when it sold)
insane, its a retarded game haha :)

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
He was a simple man.. Didn't want the 50g... Jokes on him tho because it's still generating income for him from those ads. He could have been a millionaire pretty much overnight..  If he just changed his mind and re released it.. Lol

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Duke link said:
He was a simple man.. Didn't want the 50g... Jokes on him tho because it's still generating income for him from those ads. He could have been a millionaire pretty much overnight..  If he just changed his mind and re released it.. Lol

Why would he announce he was pulling it then. It created such a mass download according to reports , that is why it is generating so much.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Not sure what you mean? I read an article where he said he didn't want fame and didn't want anything but privacy, he was a simple man he said.. It made so much money from the mass popularity from the ads at the bottom of the game.. Just because he pulled the app from the store doesn't get rid of the ads, unless he closed his account with Google.. Hell still be receiving cheques. I'm sure there's still millions of people opening it on their phones all over the place which are still making him a shit tone of coin regardless of it being removed from the stores. The hype it would generate if he re released it would be even crazier.. LOL.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
http://apkandroid.blogspot.ca/2014/02/flappy-bird-13-apk.html?m=1

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
benzzz link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=7938.msg83632#msg83632 date=1393500466]
Never said I downloaded it from the store ;) I love Androids :)

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Share link?  ;D
[/quote]

Sorry, private torrent tracker :) but maybe that link from Duke will be promising.