Food For Thought ....

So I tried out a new recipe over the weekend and thought I'd share. :cool:

Sausage and cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon. The sausage was simmered in Worcestershire and Chipotle hot sauce (not that hot really but great smoky flavour) and then covered with some Italian bread crumbs. Half of the cream cheese was herb and garlic flavoured and had some fresh parsley, sweet basil and green onion added in with a splash of fresh lemon juice. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pan with the sausage and fold until combined. Fill the halved jalapenos with the mixture, sprinkle some grated cheese on top and wrap with half a slice of bacon.

I chopped up some of the bacon and added it to the mixture and stuffed the mushrooms to the left in the pic. Then topped that with some shredded cheese. Throw in the oven at 375-400 deg. for 15 mins or so and VOILA!

It all turned out fantastic and I will definitely be making it again. BTW - The jalapenos aren't nearly as spicy when the seeds and membrane are removed and they're cooked. So if you're not a spicy food fanatic you can still make/eat this. Just be sure to wear gloves when cleaning out the hot peppers. Some of the peppers were banana peppers as well.

So when is this Frag Tank BBQ again? ;):D

Last edited:
Looks like something I would try. I love making food, and real food, not this crap people call food now a days.

I hear ya Torx. I like making food too ... although sometimes laziness gets in the way. LOL Once you get the mixture made it's all pretty easy really. I think the most PITA part is cleaning out the jalapenos. But the reward definitely outweighs the effort. You could also just use the small red/orange/green peppers as well but like I said the jalapenos weren't that hot when done.

And I have tons of leftover mixture that I'm just going to freeze and take out in a few weeks when I get more mushrooms and jalapenos. :D

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am doing burgers tonight. It is one of my mother-in-laws favorites when she is down. Hand made and about 1/2lb each pre cooked. Beef pork mixture and real melted cheese over top. I also do a mean nachos supper. I do a few other fun things, portabella mushroom cap burgers, mushroom spinach pasta and I recently mastered bbq salmon with asparagus. Oh great, now I am hungry and it is only 11am

95ca40a4a53b1f6b7d8b60d6fb810693.jpg

bb2b6cc9cf0edd16b995f4f5879cc5a5.jpg

HA ... Now I'm getting hungry too! Home-made burgers is one of my go to meals as well. I add all kinds of spices and sauces to the burger before it's cooked and it makes a huge difference .. especially fresh garlic. I usually get a huge batch of ground beef from Costco and make it all into burgers and just freeze the rest.

Some of my other staples are ribs, wings, pasta sauce, chili, chicken fajitas. I love the smell of onions and coloured peppers sauteed in garlic butter. Oh and one of my favorites is a big eye of round roast beef on the rotisserie. Marinade over night and then cook slow for about 3 hours until med. rare. Makes the BEST roast beef sandwiches. HMMM ... I have pics of this stuff somewhere ....

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Damn guys your making me hungry. .... I'm looking for an awesome burger recipe. You got one... I like to cook too when there is time. Everyone here loves my homemade spaghetti sauce.. I'm going to smoke some Cornish hen today on my smoker.

Damn guys your making me hungry. .... I'm looking for an awesome burger recipe. You got one... I like to cook too when there is time. Everyone here loves my homemade spaghetti sauce.. I'm going to smoke some Cornish hen today on my smoker.

I don't have many EXACT recipes really. I kind of just WING IT when I make things. LOL When making burgers if you add some fresh herbs (sweet basil, oregano, garlic etc.) it makes a huge difference. I also throw some bbq sauce, Worcestershire, chipotle, Frank's etc. right into the burgers. And of course an egg or two and some crushed up crackers to help hold it all together. ;)

Last edited:

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I need to get my smoker going again. Years ago I used to do make my own smoked summer sausage. I also did smoked cheese, salmon and jerky. All thanks to my dad who got me hooked.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
I've done cedar plank salmon on bbq but have yet to smoke on my smoker

OK so I found some pics of previous food items to make us all even more hungry! ;)

Here are some RIB shots ...

I make my own rub of various spices to go on the ribs. Before being mixed up and after.

Chicken Wings ...

Eye of Round Roast ...

Nachos Supreme and my son's favorite Layered Nacho Dip

I love crock pot meatballs. They work great on a sub bun too! :D

And when I make pasta sauce or chili I don't do it small. I make a huge pot and freeze the rest. Here's my son years ago checking out the chili.

Pasta sauce ready for the freezer ...

Tried my hand at beer battered wings and rings a couple times ...

Some sausage, egg, pepper mixture I made for breakfast wraps ...

I think these were little mini lasagna cups ...

And of course the burgers ...

Wait ... what about dessert? Got it covered man. This is an ice cream cake that I made for my son's 16th B-day a couple years ago. It's chocolate cake with creamsicle ice cream filling. It's supposed to be in the shape of his Jackson electric guitar. I can tell you that I DEFINITELY WON'T be trying this again. The strings were licorice, the knobs candy and the tuners were actual guitar pics which he still uses to this day. LOL

PHEW ... now I'm tired and need a nap!! ;):p

Last edited:

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Damn bro looks great... just about to fire up the smoker my self for the Cornish hens... I'll post pics later

And I'm NOT making Coral or Tang shaped cakes either! LOL As you can tell I really suck at icing them. Although in all fairness it's hard to ice a cake that's melting while you're trying to ice it. :p:rolleyes: