For frag tank members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
ya I havent been able to justify the drive to london from sarnia yet.

Do you have any tuxedo urchins in stock?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Petercar link said:
So it means yu made money at full price.

LOL or fragtank members didn't come in to the store to purchase anything.  Or they didn't take advantage. 

Torx I understand your situation. 

Z

Zakk

I came in and spent $180, and didn't even ask for any kind of discount. 

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Zakk link said:
I came in and spent $180, and didn't even ask for any kind of discount.
Thank you. It is appreciated.  If you bought corals you should of mentioned the sale. I put it on for everyone here to take advantage of it.

Z

Zakk

No no, I'm really only looking for rare sps at this point, I'm just saying it sounded like you were a little  pissy that nobody came in (just calling in the way I'm reading it).  I knew about the discount, but it was corals only.

You have to remember, a lot of the guys on here are really into coral.  You sell basically starter corals, and nothing wrong with that, it's a good market since most of the people buying at that level end up killing corals and having to come back and get more.  I know I did time and time again.

If you tried to get specialized corals, we'd all complain about the price since you have overhead that most of us don't have, and with the advances in reef technology lately, it's getting easier to find cultured specimens at rock bottom prices.  Lastly, with this group, you have a HUGE distance between some members, and some guys have to travel a fair distance, so they're more likely to go to their own lfs. 

Again, just pointing stuff out.  This is realistically a hobby bulletin board.  You're a commercial establishment and it's always going to be tough bridging that gap...especially with this crowd. 

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I dropped some good coin at your place on Boxing Day  too. Just didn't choose to buy any of your corals. Appreciate your deal to fragtank members though, thanks for thinking of us.
Should I have asked for a fragtank discount on the dry goods and livestock that I did buy?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
teebone110 link said:
I dropped some good coin at your place on Boxing Day  too. Just didn't choose to buy any of your corals. Appreciate your deal to fragtank members though, thanks for thinking of us.
Should I have asked for a fragtank discount on the dry goods and livestock that I did buy?
The way to get discounts on drygoods is by joining the london aquaria society or start the london marine club back up.  We offer 10% off to all members of those clubs.  If you can convince Rick to print up some cards that say this is a club I am sure we can count that towards the discount as well.

Zakk,
I wouldn't call it a little pissy. More just upset that when I try and do something to help out my store and take a risk with my boss.  It doesn't work it is upsetting.  Just like when you fail at anything in life.  It doesn't feel good.  Sorry if I came accross that way as that was not my intention.  I am just trying to figure out why we aren't selling the corals that I brought in.  Normally we don't sell SPS corals because they used to not sell so they would bleach out in our system.  I now feel our system is capable of sustaining their life.  The general public always ask why I don't have sps so I figured it would be a good time to start carrying some.  I have only ordered about 20 peices and I still have about 15 left at the store.  That was 6 weeks ago that I ordered them. The good news with this is that I will have to lower the prices on them to sell them so everyone will be able to benefit from that.
Sorry about the rant.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Have the discount days on thru the thurs-Sunday as most of the frag tank members are from out of town  and  they can do a rounds to all the stores in one trip ..most of the members are over a hour drive away ....and have weekends off

Blob-79

Super Active Member
regardless we gotta give him props for trying..its not easy pleasing cheep reefers lol. I do agree about not including weekends into the deal. Myself, i normally cant get to london during the week. We do very much appreciate the deal offered. Im guessing it was just bad timing.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Blob-79 link said:
regardless we gotta give him props for trying..its not easy pleasing cheep reefers lol. I do agree about not including weekends into the deal. Myself, i normally cant get to london during the week. We do very much appreciate the deal offered. Im guessing it was just bad timing.

+1

C

copperkills

Hey Aaron ur not a failure buddy don be so hard on yourself lol...but target market is the key....perhaps you should try targeting the frag market? Buy and sell frags from your local reefers?

Status
Not open for further replies.