For frag tank members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zakk

Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=1875.msg14842#msg14842 date=1326858969]
I dropped some good coin at your place on Boxing Day  too. Just didn't choose to buy any of your corals. Appreciate your deal to fragtank members though, thanks for thinking of us.
Should I have asked for a fragtank discount on the dry goods and livestock that I did buy?
The way to get discounts on drygoods is by joining the london aquaria society or start the london marine club back up.  We offer 10% off to all members of those clubs.  If you can convince Rick to print up some cards that say this is a club I am sure we can count that towards the discount as well.

Zakk,
I wouldn't call it a little pissy. More just upset that when I try and do something to help out my store and take a risk with my boss.  It doesn't work it is upsetting.  Just like when you fail at anything in life.  It doesn't feel good.  Sorry if I came accross that way as that was not my intention.  I am just trying to figure out why we aren't selling the corals that I brought in.  Normally we don't sell SPS corals because they used to not sell so they would bleach out in our system.  I now feel our system is capable of sustaining their life.  The general public always ask why I don't have sps so I figured it would be a good time to start carrying some.  I have only ordered about 20 peices and I still have about 15 left at the store.  That was 6 weeks ago that I ordered them. The good news with this is that I will have to lower the prices on them to sell them so everyone will be able to benefit from that.
Sorry about the rant.
[/quote]

You say yourself you don't normally sell SPS, so people probably don't come looking for them from you (honestly I would have only pictured softies if someone said you have new corals in).  This group is pretty small and thrifty (for lack of a better word), not the best way to get the word out.  Also...post Xmas season is a tough time to sell, everyone is tapped out.  I dropped 6 grand on my kids this Christmas, just to have them crying "I'm bored!!!!"  a week later,  so it definitely bites into the hobby-money pretty hard.    ;D

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
copperkills link said:
Hey Aaron ur not a failure buddy don be so hard on yourself lol...but target market is the key....perhaps you should try targeting the frag market? Buy and sell frags from your local reefers?
Its being worked on Ty and Thanks.

Part of the reason I did it Monday thru to thursday is because I am always there and there is so many of you that I haven't met or can't put a face to your avatar.  Also in retail sometimes we do sales Monday thru Thursday to drum up sale on typically slower sales days. 

The next sale I will make sure to do it on a weekend.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Zakk link said:
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=1875.msg14857#msg14857 date=1326889351]
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=1875.msg14842#msg14842 date=1326858969]
I dropped some good coin at your place on Boxing Day  too. Just didn't choose to buy any of your corals. Appreciate your deal to fragtank members though, thanks for thinking of us.
Should I have asked for a fragtank discount on the dry goods and livestock that I did buy?
The way to get discounts on drygoods is by joining the london aquaria society or start the london marine club back up.  We offer 10% off to all members of those clubs.  If you can convince Rick to print up some cards that say this is a club I am sure we can count that towards the discount as well.

Zakk,
I wouldn't call it a little pissy. More just upset that when I try and do something to help out my store and take a risk with my boss.  It doesn't work it is upsetting.  Just like when you fail at anything in life.  It doesn't feel good.  Sorry if I came accross that way as that was not my intention.  I am just trying to figure out why we aren't selling the corals that I brought in.  Normally we don't sell SPS corals because they used to not sell so they would bleach out in our system.  I now feel our system is capable of sustaining their life.  The general public always ask why I don't have sps so I figured it would be a good time to start carrying some.  I have only ordered about 20 peices and I still have about 15 left at the store.  That was 6 weeks ago that I ordered them. The good news with this is that I will have to lower the prices on them to sell them so everyone will be able to benefit from that.
Sorry about the rant.
[/quote]

You say yourself you don't normally sell SPS, so people probably don't come looking for them from you (honestly I would have only pictured softies if someone said you have new corals in).  This group is pretty small and thrifty (for lack of a better word), not the best way to get the word out.  Also...post Xmas season is a tough time to sell, everyone is tapped out.  I dropped 6 grand on my kids this Christmas, just to have them crying "I'm bored!!!!"  a week later,  so it definitely bites into the hobby-money pretty hard.    ;D
[/quote]
I partially agree with this, but don't you think if someone wanted to buy corals this month that they would want them to be discounted? 

Also I am trying to change the perceived notion that the london store sucks for corals.  I will continue to do this and still get in the bread and butter stuff for the customers that don't come here and want the easy to take care of corals.

Anyways I am going to try and take some pictures of what I do have left in the store tonight and post them up so people can see what I still do have.  I think I have a few nice SPS peices still in the system.

I appreciate everyone input.  The only way we can grow is from listening to the customer the best we can and try to do so within our means.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
i havent been there in a few months but last time i was there i picked up the sand for my tank.. everything looked great... nice and healthy..
how much for that baby elegance coral?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Duke link said:
i havent been there in a few months but last time i was there i picked up the sand for my tank.. everything looked great... nice and healthy..
how much for that baby elegance coral?
79.99 its about 4" across

Z

Zakk

Torx link said:
Sorry Petercar. Not at the moment. It is a little more complicated to get a club started then just laminating cards.

Right, we need a secret handshake and some cool hats. 

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Zakk link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=1875.msg14926#msg14926 date=1326930321]
Sorry Petercar. Not at the moment. It is a little more complicated to get a club started then just laminating cards.

[/quote]

Just curious.. how does Big Al's define an "aquarium club?"

I think it's a great opportunity to partner with the local reefing community

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=Zakk link=topic=1875.msg14928#msg14928 date=1326931457]
[quote author=Torx link=topic=1875.msg14926#msg14926 date=1326930321]

[/quote]

Just curious.. how does Big Al's define an "aquarium club?"

I think it's a great opportunity to partner with the local reefing community
[/quote]

Well the london aquaria society meets once a month.  They do pay dues, I think its $30 a year for a family or $20 per person.  Now obviously I could care less if you paid a due.  I think you do need to have a meeting as well as some sort of membership card.  A secret handshake goes a long way too.  I would look at doing a southwestern Ontario marine club.  Every London that has been around has folded because of politics I believe.  I think you also need a board of governers. Rick could be president since it is his site.  Then you have a vice president and so on.  Each month could be a different meeting place where a frag swap could happen.  Also if you due have a membership it could help pay for a guest speaker every now and then.

Those are just a few ideas.

Aaron

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Everyone up for getting drunk every month at someone elses house? Dues for booze

Z

Zakk

I'm picturing oversized foam cowboy hats, with beany-esque propeller? 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Just like Michigan reefers. ....they meet at restaurants very month have eats get drunk...amd sometimes meet at ome ones house and swap frags ...and have a barby at a certain embers house ..just when they do the barby thing everyone brings a plate or salad or pie  but it's byob

Status
Not open for further replies.