GFO side effects?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I think this may again be the two-vehicle ride.  I'll likely drive and may have a seat or two open :)

Mercedes seat material gives me hives.  I think it's made of Saskatchewan sealskin or something.

Shotgun, let me know a day and I'm down. toss some cash for gas

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6400.msg62471#msg62471 date=1380588322]
I think this may again be the two-vehicle ride.  I'll likely drive and may have a seat or two open :)

Mercedes seat material gives me hives.  I think it's made of Saskatchewan sealskin or something.

Shotgun, let me know a day and I'm down. toss some cash for gas
[/quote]

I think we're heading out Sunday, I have to get a time from Bigshow, it's about 1 1/2 hours from my place to his.  I'll let you know.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Nieces birthday party is from 12-2, so I should be home from Cambridge around 3pm.  I say come between 4-5pm.

I can text someone when I leave Cambridge to confirm that I will be home .  Glen you want me to text you?

Dave

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
BIGSHOW link said:
Nieces birthday party is from 12-2, so I should be home from Cambridge around 3pm.  I say come between 4-5pm.

I can text someone when I leave Cambridge to confirm that I will be home .  Glen you want me to text you?

Dave

sounds good, we'll shoot to leave around 3ish, get there 4:30ish... just waiting on your text :)

Jewel

+ 1 for the dust, rinse the media well and you won't have issues and I'm with Torx whats all these new chemicals, Prodibo Biodigest Biodust or what ever, How do you keep track of it all? How about Stem cells will they work? Vitamins? Oh ya theres Vodka maybe some caffine

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I love how this became the Glen and Dave thread.

WHAT ABOUT MY GFO DAMMIT.

Plus I was the one who initiated this trip. Dave I want a cut of the profits for bringing you a boat load of southwestern ontarians to your door.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
theyangman link said:
I love how this became the Glen and Dave thread.

WHAT ABOUT MY GFO DAMMIT.

Plus I was the one who initiated this trip. Dave I want a cut of the profits for bringing you a boat load of southwestern ontarians to your door.

Had plan to visit Dave weeks ago, thanks for coming out ;) . The gfo issue is an easy fix , rinse it out lol

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
+ 1 for the dust, rinse the media well and you won't have issues and I'm with Torx whats all these new chemicals, Prodibo Biodigest Biodust or what ever, How do you keep track of it all? How about Stem cells will they work? Vitamins? Oh ya theres Vodka maybe some caffine

Have u ever used any prodibio products?

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Reef Hero link said:
[quote author=Jewel link=topic=6400.msg62540#msg62540 date=1380641947]

I haven't prior to this run, but I have seen generally positive results in the past few weeks and there are a few threads on RC that back this product positively.

Have u ever used any prodibio products?
[/quote]

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I back this product 100%..... it is not an instant fix product by any means.....it takes time and you must continue to dose it alternating every 15 days. It will not get your po4 to zero alone.....atleast not ime....it is an alternative to using pellets imo.....KZ has a very unique approach as well but they use pellets alongside other dosings. However, if used correctly it actually destroys the theory of 1lb of liverock per gallon....or any liverock at all. I have seen a tank growing sps without issues and the tank has zero liverock at all. Just because you can dose a product does not mean that its a cheap quick fix product that wont work. Melev uses a dosing product to control po4 rather than gfo and sees great results.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Reef Hero link said:
I back this product 100%..... it is not an instant fix product by any means.....it takes time and you must continue to dose it alternating every 15 days. It will not get your po4 to zero alone.....atleast not ime....it is an alternative to using pellets imo.....KZ has a very unique approach as well but they use pellets alongside other dosings. However, if used correctly it actually destroys the theory of 1lb of liverock per gallon....or any liverock at all. I have seen a tank growing sps without issues and the tank has zero liverock at all. Just because you can dose a product does not mean that its a cheap quick fix product that wont work. Melev uses a dosing product to control po4 rather than gfo and sees great results.

I have been running this in conjunction with GFO, Carbon, and pellets for about 6 weeks, something is working, and my numbers have all dropped over that span. Hard to say what did exactly what, but if it works I am going to continue it. I might stop Prodibio once my numbers reach acceptable levels and see what happens, but for now it seems to be working and I am happy.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Tony,

You must realize that by removing the use of prodibio or even adding it to a system can and will likely cause significant changes.....i would strongly advise against removing it. This is why i will not add pellets to my system nowbecause i have a good establshed aystem going here and am not going to risk it by adding pellets at this stage of the game.....kudos to you for getting both going right of the start.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Meh, I guess I can keep it going then. If the results are only positive then I can continue doing the regiment as long as required. It isn't super expensive to add.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
As far as expense goes.....it really depends on the size of your system.....yours would cost about 3x what mine does to run the prodibio bioclean process.