Go Big Or Go Home - Massive Upgrade With Huge Show Tank

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
DT is full of fish, probably about 200. And TONNES of acros (few LPS and CLams as well)

Just haven't had time for pics. Tomorrow after I finish some painting I will take some pics and hopefully a video.

It is almost impossible to get a FTS of a 10' tank with the lens I have.

Do a panorama walking sideways lol

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
+2... we neeed some kind of photos!! I would even take a handful of cellphone pictures!

I did this last time I was there. Packed with fish, so much movement. The iPhone pics just didn't do justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Sorry about the delay, was unbelievably busy trying to get the renovations completedr. Also had my AC unit go down during the heat wave so it was pretty stressfull.....anyway, enough of the bullshit...Here are some random pics.

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_9731.jpg

IMG_9734.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9741.jpg

IMG_9742.jpg

IMG_9743.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9756.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Absolutely amazing man, words can't describe the amount of beauty in that tank, very well done bigshow...

Thanks buddy. These past 8 months have been just insane work wise. It is rewarding to see the hard work pay off in the end. Also adds a bit of motivation to finish things up quickly. :)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Ya man you did an excellent job, and the tank looks good too;p , keep up the good work, I'm sure I will have to come pick some colour sticks sometime, it's probably going to take me an hour just to get past the tank :) :)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I liek the eels :)

They are pretty neat. I think there is about 20 garden eels in the tank. Added another dimension to the life in it. I did put lots of high end fish, but I enjoy the simple stuff like goby/shrimp pairs and other fascinating fun to watch reef life that is inexpensive.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Ya man you did an excellent job, and the tank looks good too;p , keep up the good work, I'm sure I will have to come pick some colour sticks sometime, it's probably going to take me an hour just to get past the tank :) :)

Thanks buddy. Hoping to have some sort of get together in the next month or two for the official celebration of completion :)

Pipes

I think I counted 8 Yellow Tangs. Are they permanent residents or do you sell them too. As a newbie I have always been told you can't have more than one. Even in the 150 - 200 gal I'm planning. What's your thoughts on that? Other wise a real pro job. Something for us all to aspire to. Thanks for the pics.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
In
I think I counted 8 Yellow Tangs. Are they permanent residents or do you sell them too. As a newbie I have always been told you can't have more than one. Even in the 150 - 200 gal I'm planning. What's your thoughts on that? Other wise a real pro job. Something for us all to aspire to. Thanks for the pics.

In that size tank I would stick to one zembrosama species. The tangs are in the tank to stay ..for now. As they get very large I will catch and sell them but that is a long time away. I think there is about 20 tangs in that one tank. Maybe 40 on that system