Grafting a Nuclear Green and Purple Death Palythoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dr BlueThumb

north american fish breeder's had the ok looking ones for $15 each they usually go for $30 each

D

Dr BlueThumb

The carpet's I have are taking off they seem to not mind tap water @ all. I have 3 that are 1 month old just starting to split, and that's with moving them to a new house across the city.

I have them in my 29G refugeless/skimmerless with the vortech turned to almost zero,305 canister filter,hydor koraila nano and hydor koraila 1

If I increase the flow on the vortech they will start to move to a place that is not out in the open and easily visible.

I just went fishless in hopes to breed snail's I'm hoping they will survive on light and with daily feeding's of cyclop's,mysid shrimp.

D

Dr BlueThumb

ricklalonde link said:
I picked up 4 from Oakville Reef during their Boxing Week sales. 1 Green/Purple, 1 Red/Green, 1 Yellow/Orange, 1 Orange/Yellow. I'll try and get some pics.

They sound nice looking, looking forward to the pic's

I have a orange/green,red/off white and red/green plus 3 other's with similar color's just different pattern's 

Do you have a location or phone # for  Oakville Reef? hoping to go there this spring/summer.

D

Dr BlueThumb

maxi mini carpet anemone are my next trial subject's for grafting.

I have an idea, but it's just a test.

W

wee_man

so whats the major distinguishing feature to tell the difference between palys and zoas? is it tube size?

E

El concistador

I would say size is a good indication.

look up candy apple red and everlasting gobstopper's they are considered paly's even thou they look like zoa's. while nuclear green and purple death paly's are obvious due to their size and leathery look, while everlasting and candy apple's look more like zoanthids.

E

El concistador

Should try the Palythoa Grandis, with the purple death.

Very similar except for size.

Status
Not open for further replies.