Having An Issue

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
He uses aquarium by design iirc. I can assume whomever he has been dealing with does not know the data on these lights. Then again, they are only available if you ask and I had to ask twice to get what I needed. Fluval advertising is very deceiving.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
YeAh I did bring water in to get tested everything the same there's nothing like what wrong with my tank o swear it's lights or waters to pure ? And when I had snails I had the brownish algee got snails to clean it (didn't help they were lazy) and died to I got a sponge cleaned it all up hasn't came back in like 4 months

Luke.

Distinguished Member
So did I buy 3 hard to keep corals it's weird why is the internet say that they arnt hard (not arguing) so torx you think that they are way to low of i led light to really keep anything ? In your option

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Not nessicairly hard to keep, but I would not recommend them to beginners as they are finicky. IMHO, based on the info emailed from Fluval, the lights perform exactly as advertised, but they do not meet the requirements for the corals you are purchasing other then the mushrooms. But even some mushrooms are more difficult to place and care for.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
So what should I do now ? Buy a whole new light fixture ? And as far as the green cabage coral should I bring it back to the store

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My suggestion would be to get a new light and to feed a little more, Eben sit down the sooner for a few days. Maybe give it a good cleaning just because. Cabbage coral looks okay, a little limp from others I have seen. Maybe someone else can come in there

f968de7730274fbf9417f5e1b76f83d7.jpg

heath

Distinguished Member
Heath , what is that worth ? And wattage ? Just would like to look it up
not sure I can look in the morning, its packed in the closet of the fish room, I use on my qt tank.. it was bought originally for my 30 gal coral tank and I had great results with it..I bought it off of ebay and with shipping from TX the cost was less than 150.00..I'm thinking that its 54 w..its a T5HO QUAD...

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
For your snails to have melted in just two days strikes me as a bit odd.

Sony Xperia Z3
Even with no food snails would last for weeks before they starved...and the cabbage looks very limp and that has nothing to do with the lights as they need very little...(my unlit sump was full of them when I had them in my fish system)

No pond pumps with plated bronze hardware leaching copper (caught me once) or any other potential sources of contamination?

Using a refractometer to test salinity on tank and makeup water?

I am a firm believer in stability being the key and most tank crashes are snowball effects. We start making changes to fix one problem...the changes cause more issues so we change more and soon nothing can adapt to the conditions.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Guys I'm at a point of giving cup I spent well over 1000$ for a 20 gallon and there's o my 2 options
1 - wrong lights
2- water is to clean and not enought stuff left over for corals .

I'm at the point of wanted to give it all up because im so fed up of spending
Money on things like the fluval light (200) and I can only keep mushroom and stuff that's super easy , I want zoas ! Nothing harder then that .. The store probably won't take my lights back because opend and I don't even know how much I'd get for em used , is it possible to add something to boost up the wattage on one side of the tank for like around 100$ ? And I could keep zoas and elegance under ?

heath

Distinguished Member
don't give up Luke, we have all been there and we are all here to help.. very few of us have unlimited budgets and I know that when I got into it I made more mistakes and bought the wrong stuff more than anyone else here by listening to stores..
if you want to borrow my lights to see if that will help you are welcome, I don't have anything going into the qt tank for awhile and where its sitting it gets enough sunlight...