Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Hey Salty
I'd love to take you up on the offer of what you've found works and doesn't. I'm just beginning to reallize how much I don't know. I don't have any killer frags but I can do the Timmies coffee !  Let me know when you've got some free time, London isn't that far from me - but working afternoons doesn't work for most peoples schedule LOL

Salty Cracker link said:
Come over to the house some time, I'll show you everything I did.  I wish wish wish someone had given me straight up advice when I started. As it is I'm extremely bitter about the \"buy this, oh that died? buy this then, oh that didn't work? then buy this\" that I got when I started.  15 years of frustration.  So I am absolutely 100% happy to help anyone if they ask.  I'll show you exactly what I do, and I'll straight up tell you when I'm biased about something (and I'm biased a LOT) :).  I grow sps which (in my opinion) is the hardest coral to keep, but I've kept softies and lps.  I just want people to honestly enjoy the hobby, maybe someday get better at it than I am as sell me some killer frags.

I am also not against a free timmys coffee when you come though.  8)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
sunnykita link said:
Hey Salty
I'd love to take you up on the offer of what you've found works and doesn't. I'm just beginning to reallize how much I don't know. I don't have any killer frags but I can do the Timmies coffee !  Let me know when you've got some free time, London isn't that far from me - but working afternoons doesn't work for most peoples schedule LOL

[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=3977.msg39213#msg39213 date=1360092314]
Come over to the house some time, I'll show you everything I did.  I wish wish wish someone had given me straight up advice when I started. As it is I'm extremely bitter about the \"buy this, oh that died? buy this then, oh that didn't work? then buy this\" that I got when I started.  15 years of frustration.  So I am absolutely 100% happy to help anyone if they ask.  I'll show you exactly what I do, and I'll straight up tell you when I'm biased about something (and I'm biased a LOT) :).  I grow sps which (in my opinion) is the hardest coral to keep, but I've kept softies and lps.  I just want people to honestly enjoy the hobby, maybe someday get better at it than I am as sell me some killer frags.

[/quote]

Absolutely.  I have a very flexible schedule until spring starts to kick in, so just let me know a time that works for you. :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=sunnykita link=topic=3977.msg39379#msg39379 date=1360171140]
Hey Salty

[/quote]

Absolutely.  I have a very flexible schedule until spring starts to kick in, so just let me know a time that works for you. :)
[/quote]

Ill be over tomorrow morning at 1am. Wakey wakey.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
jerry_doucette link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=3977.msg39419#msg39419 date=1360187254]
Hey Salty

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What's funny is that Mon and Thurs I hit the gym at 11pm and get home around 12:30am and then walk the dogs.  wakey wakey to everyone else.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=jerry_doucette link=topic=3977.msg39420#msg39420 date=1360187676]
Hey Salty

Come over to the house some time, I'll show you everything I did.  I wish wish wish someone had given me straight up advice when I started. As it is I'm extremely bitter about the \"buy this, oh that died? buy this then, oh that didn't work? then buy this\" that I got when I started.  15 years of frustration.  So I am absolutely 100% happy to help anyone if they ask.  I'll show you exactly what I do, and I'll straight up tell you when I'm biased about something (and I'm biased a LOT) :) .  I grow sps which (in my opinion) is the hardest coral to keep, but I've kept softies and lps.  I just want people to honestly enjoy the hobby, maybe someday get better at it than I am as sell me some killer frags.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What's funny is that Mon and Thurs I hit the gym at 11pm and get home around 12:30am and then walk the dogs.  wakey wakey to everyone else.
[/quote]

Im not a terrorist...but....

So 1am is good for me to come? will your tank lights be on? you are good company and all...but its your tank I want to see. lol

sunnykita

Super Active Member
You guys crack me up ! love it! wakey wakey ! I'm home ! I'd love to come by Salty when you have some time. I'm afraid I'll highjack your free time tho. It never ceases to amaze me how much time can fly by when talking about our hobbies, and especially one where I'm in the very early learning stages. I've hit a few pitfalls and avoiding spending money I don't need to is high on my list right now. Hey if I can keep some of the cash in the bank account it's all good ! I read and re read and I am finally getting an idea of what needs to be done, straight talk would be fabulous and help along the way is a good thing. I have been watching some of the BRS videos, but haven't managed to make my way through a lot of them yet. It's going to be a long road, but it will be enjoyable. I can pop over any time that works for you, weekday or weekend. Weekdays I'm afraid I'd have to watch the time closely in order to get back for work. Listening to people who've been there done that and got the scars to prove it is a great way to learn.
thanks again guys !

jerry_doucette link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=3977.msg39427#msg39427 date=1360188872]
[quote author=jerry_doucette link=topic=3977.msg39420#msg39420 date=1360187676]
Hey Salty

Come over to the house some time, I'll show you everything I did.  I wish wish wish someone had given me straight up advice when I started. As it is I'm extremely bitter about the \"buy this, oh that died? buy this then, oh that didn't work? then buy this\" that I got when I started.  15 years of frustration.  So I am absolutely 100% happy to help anyone if they ask.  I'll show you exactly what I do, and I'll straight up tell you when I'm biased about something (and I'm biased a LOT) :) .  I grow sps which (in my opinion) is the hardest coral to keep, but I've kept softies and lps.  I just want people to honestly enjoy the hobby, maybe someday get better at it than I am as sell me some killer frags.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im not a terrorist...but....

So 1am is good for me to come? will your tank lights be on? you are good company and all...but its your tank I want to see. lol
[/quote]

Jewel

It is good to see 1st hand what someone has accomplished and you can model your system from theres or just to pick up a few tips is great, They have clubs that meet regulary although I'm not sure in this area. And winter finds people not wanting to travel much. Nice to see you reading, theres a web site in the states called  Wet Web Media  check them out. very informative.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Thanks Jewel, I'll check them out, I'm always looking for more reading material !
this kid needs a lot of education LOL
tips from others sometimes even the simplest save a lot of grief for someone who didn't know any better. Nothing like experience and a great forum to help out !

Jewel link said:
It is good to see 1st hand what someone has accomplished and you can model your system from theres or just to pick up a few tips is great, They have clubs that meet regulary although I'm not sure in this area. And winter finds people not wanting to travel much. Nice to see you reading, theres a web site in the states called  Wet Web Media  check them out. very informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.