Hmm, Something's Not Quite Right...

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Went down to basement tonight and one of the lightbulbs had burnt out.
d48c44d416a5ce010c754209e13853d5.jpg

I know slight burning at the base is normal when they burn out, but I've not been able to find anything on the net about a bulb looking like this. Seems to be plenty of electrical knowledge amongst you. What could cause this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle1970

No idea but will be waiting for an answer as well.
I personally got rid of all CFL in the house. So hazardous.

Following along!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
It does actually look like something is melted onto it. Didn't have a chance to take it out and have a good look at it before i left this morning. On a side note, what is the little cube attached to the side?
105b68d3b60ef05a680b09754ee7a9bc.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
That's what i thought, though seems kind of an odd spot for it. But i don't build houses, so what do I know!

Normally off panel or plug beside panel. It could just be a low voltage wire in transformer (would make more sense) , for possibly alarm system.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
That cube is a spirit magnet, they used to sell them downtown. Looks like it sucked in a big one and burned it in the bulb. Must have taken a few days by the spatter (looks like it struggled). Hopefully it wasn't someone you knew, it's awful when the ghost of nana comes to check on the grandkids and gets sucked into one of those things. I think that's why they stopped selling them. Burnt ghost smell is tough to get out of the carpets.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
That cube is a spirit magnet, they used to sell them downtown. Looks like it sucked in a big one and burned it in the bulb. Must have taken a few days by the spatter (looks like it struggled). Hopefully it wasn't someone you knew, it's awful when the ghost of nana comes to check on the grandkids and gets sucked into one of those things. I think that's why they stopped selling them. Burnt ghost smell is tough to get out of the carpets.
Finally, a reasonable explanation!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member

Wow that's a coincidence, I just happen to get my hands on a very limited supply of Spirit magnets for the Aquarium. It eliminates the spirits of passed deceased fish. It really cuts down on future losses since the new fish will not get spooked and jump.

If you're interested PM me. Don't trust others that are trying to sell fake ones! I got mine directly from a Nigerian Prince!!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Good gracious no, there was a ton of houses going up in flames in the 70's and early 80's from these things. People would plug em in and ghosts come in to take a look and ZAP, ectoplasm fires everywhere! Lawsuits were flying after 6 year old Timmy Belfour went on the news crying, saying "It was gamma! I could hear her voice and she just kept screaming and begging me to turn it off but I didn't know how!!!"