I might just be done with this hobby....

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=nexusnight link=topic=7708.msg80861#msg80861 date=1392120793]
Just a curiosity but was the stand level in all directions? If was leaning forward at all that would greatly increase the load on the front glass panel.styro only takes out small imperfections. I know most concrete floors in a basement are sloped for water to flow to a storm drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a tiny bit off. But I had a 180g in the exact same spot for 8 months with no issues.
[/quote]

All depends on how weak the glass was to begin. The last two tanks could have been older then the 180 and not as strong and stable, also glass thickness would play a part.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeffreak link said:
78 would not rtn your sps. My guess is al the moving around and not being able to stay somewhere and be happy.

Yea undoubtly
Either way their almost all dead.
Put a couple in my frag tank but that had a very poor success rate for sps, so basicly lost everything

Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=7708.msg80908#msg80908 date=1392144607]
78 would not rtn your sps. My guess is al the moving around and not being able to stay somewhere and be happy.

Yea undoubtly
Either way their almost all dead.
Put a couple in my frag tank but that had a very poor success rate for sps, so basicly lost everything

Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
[/quote]

I've been following the thread since the start, I can't even believe that luck. I hope it all works out, after the losses it's hard to have the motivation I know all to well about that .

Bayinaung

I know a guy in TO who had a gigantic 200 gallon corner bow front tank for sale. saw it this summer... he still might have it but it'll be sitting outside his house. the glass was 1" thick, custom made. let me know (send me PM) and I'll get in touch with him tomorrow to see if he still has it. It was a reef tank from a big house being renovated.  size is about... 6 feet or so diagonal I think. it'll be FREAKIN heavy. this one looks way too solid to part at seams like that.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Thanks bayinaung,
It's not drilled though but looks new.

I did like the looks of this one http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=565553319

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
thats a nice tank!! i'd be all over it, i really like the shallowness with the big depth.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
thats a nice tank!! i'd be all over it, i really like the shallowness with the big depth.

i called big als in kitchener,
they sell 125g, 72x22hx 18w for 550$ drilled with overflows
and 120g 60''x 26x18w for 550$ drilled with dual overflows

however they dont offer warranty UNLESS its on the same stand made by the same company...

so id still be at 600+ with taxes for a new tank with no warranty..

the 120 i posted looks tempting, hes going to fill it up to prove it holds water, and it looks very well taken care of to me.
it also comes with alot of plumbing and brand new bulkheads.
and it will fit nicely on the stand i already have from the bowfront.

also,
what do you guys think of a 8 bulb tek light for lighting a 60'' tank?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
nexusnight link said:
That light would b fine I assume it's a 48\"
Wouldn't b any diff than a 60\" over a 72\" tank imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea 48" lol, forgot to mention that minor detail

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=7708.msg81069#msg81069 date=1392219581]

i called big als in kitchener,
they sell 125g, 72x22hx 18w for 550$ drilled with overflows
and 120g 60''x 26x18w for 550$ drilled with dual overflows

however they dont offer warranty UNLESS its on the same stand made by the same company...

so id still be at 600+ with taxes for a new tank with no warranty..

the 120 i posted looks tempting, hes going to fill it up to prove it holds water, and it looks very well taken care of to me.
it also comes with alot of plumbing and brand new bulkheads.
[/quote]

That is the marineland warranty speaking. (Which they carry)

They require you to have a marineland stand for their warranty to be valid (which is bullshit but whatever) I just happen to have a marineland tank and stand myself so I don't care. lol

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yea the guy said that, you have to buy a stand, 
So whatever, I'm going to get the 5' 120g and use my stand and my light and buy a t5 light