If You Had $$ For A Big Purchase For Your Tank...

Nicole New Lowell

My mom is a non-aquarist, she barely knows the basics. I set her up a seahorse tank that is almost 0 maintenance and she absolutely loves it. Still has all 9 seahorses and they are growing like crazy. It's at her office, so it even goes over the weekend without any touching. I now want one very badly.

Seahorses are definitely on my wishlist as well, can they really be that easy?! I did so much research recently and decided against it at this time.

Nicole New Lowell

Looks like this is an old thread that I just stumbled upon....i'd have to say I'd build a house that I could make a great man cave and put the most extravagant beautiful curved inwall 500gallon setup into with a 200 gallon inwall refugium with beautiful macro alge , mangroves and whatever else I wanted into it. with a laboratory grade fish room behind for a completely self sufficient system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if you've ever had an in-wall but my tank is in-wall and while it looks great I will never do it again, I find it such a pain. It definitely has it's advantages but I find not being able to see into the front of the tank when I am trying to clean or especially when placing corals is really annoying. It probably doesn't help that the tank is at eye level from the front so I have to stand on a step ladder to reach into the tank.
On the other hand the one thing I do really appreciate about it (besides being able to hide all equipment) is that my fish don't associate me with food when I'm looking at them from the front so they act natural and don't swim to the front of the glass or the top of the water. They only do it when I open the lid.

heath

Distinguished Member
Seahorses are definitely on my wishlist as well, can they really be that easy?! I did so much research recently and decided against it at this time.

they are very easy, once your tank is up and running and if you have good husbandry, they are a snap.. I was the same, took me almost a year of research and reading before I took the plunge... now I want more...:)

Nicole New Lowell

they are very easy, once your tank is up and running and if you have good husbandry, they are a snap.. I was the same, took me almost a year of research and reading before I took the plunge... now I want more...:)
I had been contemplating getting them for my 55 gallon frag tank cuz it's pretty low flow but I'm still not convinced lol