Intoduction

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=EricTMah link=topic=8211.msg86971#msg86971 date=1395608358]
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=8211.msg86969#msg86969 date=1395608246]
3 tangs in a 55g has my tang police alarm going off

Was wondering who was going to say it first  ;)
[/quote]

Nvm I see 4!
Tsk tsk :p
[/quote]
lmao. +1  :police:

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Welcome to the Frag Tank and ignore the Tang Police, LOL,they'll jokingly give you the gears, but will be plenty of help down the road,  the tangs will love your 120 when you get it up and running.  I originally started with a 65 gallon and upgraded to a 135 and my tangs love the swimming space. Enjoy the stay, you'll be here a while I'm sure, it's a great place to be. The friendliest of people and very few rules unlike some of the other forums Gorgeous tank by the way !

sunnykita

Super Active Member
You are very welcome Tess G, how soon do you expect to have the 120, and how long have the tangs been in the 55 gal? The sooner you get them transferred to the bigger tank the better, and when it comes time to do the transfer there will be a lot of help here on how to best accomplish that, just ask !

TessG

Hi sunnykita,
The fabricator says the stand will be completed this week, the wood cover might follow next. Tank glass needs to be edge polish. They had promise one month prior to my order last mar 6, so I'm hoping it will be completed soon. It's really getting cramped in my 55gals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
TangPolice link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=8211.msg86983#msg86983 date=1395609756]
where the tang police picture?

You rang?? ?? ??
[/quote]

SHIT!!!! Hide the evidence QUICK!!

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Good news TessG, hopefully they come through when they said they would. Have you started to plan out how you are going to do the switch? Is the new tank being set up in the same spot as the present tank or will you have both running at the same time for a while? Do you have a shop or a friend who can hold your fish while you do the transfer to the new tank? Sooner would be better than later, definitely, the tangs look like they are getting to a good size and definitely need more room soon ! Best of luck, keep updating

TessG

Hi sunnykita,
Yes I was planning to place the new tank in different location, otherwise, it will be difficult to switch between new and old tank. I also upgraded my sump and skimmer to bigger one so I can both run two tanks at the same time. I don't know anybody here in Calgary who is also running salt water at home so I have no other choice except to resolve it myself. My only worry right now is since I live in a 4th floor condo with wooden flooring, I don't know if it can withstand the weight of the new tank. The new tank will be place beside a load bearing wall while the small one is sitting in a suspended wall.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
here's hoping that the floors will take the load.  Is your condo and older building or a newer cement and steel version? That could be a big disaster in the making if not. Rather than guessing at load bearing I would want to investigate before setting up the other tank.  Everyone here will tell you that running both for a while is the best option for the upgrade, BUT?  Guys? any suggestions for ensuring the stability of the building and weight load? Put on your sleuth cap and check out the load bearing capacity ! Good luck !

TessG

My condo has been built 1 year ago. Concrete and steel from level 2 to ground floor. I am at the last upper level, 4th floor.

Any suggestion?

TessG

What I mean for level 2 is basement 2 level for parking then ground floor are all made of concrete and steel.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
You would want the tank to be against a load bearing wall with the floor joists running perpendicular to the wall to spread the weight over several joists.

Jewel

4 Tangs in a 55 with all those SPS, It is a nice looking tank for sure. You have a sump obviously. What kind of skimmer are you using and are you running, GFO, Carbon, Bio-pellets? Welcome to TFT

TessG

Yes, my 55 gals is not sufficient anymore so I am building 120g right now. Still waiting for the finish product though. Right now, I have a bubble magus skimmer, running GFO on vertex reactor, carbon. I just have two reactor for carbon and bio pellets but for now, I replaced bio pellets with GFO. I also have dosing pump and GHL controller.
Thanks for welcoming me here on this site. Hope I can learn more from here  as I am still new with this hobby.