Iphone vs Blackberry

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
First week with the Iphone after years and years with blackberry, and I gotta say:  Iphone sucks donkey balls compared to blackberry as a business device.  My 14 year old daughter was very impressed I had a 5s, but other than that, what a piece of junk.  This post is for people that are on BB and contemplating leaving because of the current state of the company.  I actually regret the swap. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
First week with the Iphone after years and years with blackberry, and I gotta say:  Iphone sucks donkey balls compared to blackberry as a business device.  My 14 year old daughter was very impressed I had a 5s, but other than that, what a piece of junk.  This post is for people that are on BB and contemplating leaving because of the current state of the company.  I actually regret the swap.

Poor old glen can't hack the touch screen :(

It's a lot more organized than black berry, easier to use and very simple, name one feature black berry has better than iPhone

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7208.msg73739#msg73739 date=1387383745]

It's a lot more organized than black berry, easier to use and very simple, name one feature black berry has better than iPhone
[/quote]

The fucking battery.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
i have the  q10 with the keypad.        tried a iphone. with virtual keypad. but never again  i do get lots of emails and texts thru the day.  the keypad is a bonus when yu cant always look at the phone to type.  bladkberry should have just left them alone mad quit trying to stray away fm being a business model.  forget trying tomcompete eith apple and samsung ..i use the ipad for the internet and that on wifi and 4lte

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=7208.msg73742#msg73742 date=1387383964]

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

Turn off LTE, lower your brightness and close all back ground apps by double tapping the home button.
Have a charger in your car,  and don't watch dirty movies all the time on your phone.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Things I miss:

The led indicator light. 
A useable battery life
Data compression (3x better than apple)
Assignable action buttons.

I really like the speech-to-text but it's so hard to find the microphone button it's almost impossible in traffic.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7208.msg73745#msg73745 date=1387384397]

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

Turn off LTE, lower your brightness and close all back ground apps by double tapping the home button.
Have a charger in your car,  and don't watch dirty movies all the time on your phone.
[/quote]

So in other words don't use the super-advertised LTE, make it so that I can't see it, don't run any apps and charge it all the time.  Yeah...that's WAY better than BB which ran for 3 days on a charge even though it's 3 years old...

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=7208.msg73747#msg73747 date=1387384520]

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So in other words don't use the super-advertised LTE, make it so that I can't see it, don't run any apps and charge it all the time.  Yeah...that's WAY better than BB which ran for 3 days on a charge even though it's 3 years old...
[/quote]

Geez you sound like your 15 yr old daughter, don't be so lazy and plug the damn thing in ever night when you go to bed... Full charge in under 2 hours.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Poseidon link said:

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

[/quote]

doesnt it kind of sound ridiculous that you have to disable the crap out of the phone to get through a single day.. i mean why not just get one of those old flip phones from the 90's. I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it blows the iphone out of the water, LTE works great and doesnt drain the battery, i run my screen at full brightness, and never close anything im running in the background.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Duke link said:

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

[/quote]

doesnt it kind of sound ridiculous that you have to disable the crap out of the phone to get through a single day.. i mean why not just get one of those old flip phones from the 90's. I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it blows the iphone out of the water, LTE works great and doesnt drain the battery, i run my screen at full brightness, and never close anything im running in the background.
[/quote]
My wife has the galaxy s3 and my buddy has the S2 and both of them have terrible problems.  Both of them drop calls, his has been in twice for repairs, and my wife's actually sends garbage when texting (like inserts extra characters, I thought it was her but it isn't, we did it side-by-side at home).  So android was sort of out for me.  I will say the iphone does work as a phone, it just needs to be 2x thicker and/or have a replaceable battery. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7208.msg73750#msg73750 date=1387384787]

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Geez you sound like your 15 yr old daughter, don't be so lazy and plug the damn thing in ever night when you go to bed... Full charge in under 2 hours.
[/quote]

I don't mind plugging it in every night, but a 10 minute phone call just took 11% of the battery, that's insane.  I guess I'll turn off LTE but then why did they advertise it as an LTE phone? 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
So iPhone sucks because I have to charge it once a day ?

That's ridiculous, it's like saying this car is better than the next one because the gas tank is bigger.

I was also only suggesting ways for glen to lengthen his battery,
I use LTE and screen at 50% and run my iphone from 7 am to 10 pm no issue

Giglio324

Poseidon link said:
So iPhone sucks because I have to charge it once a day ?

That's ridiculous, it's like saying this car is better than the next one because the gas tank is bigger.

I was also only suggesting ways for glen to lengthen his battery,
I use LTE and screen at 50% and run my iphone from 7 am to 10 pm no issue
mine with No LTE and 10% brightness barrely lasts from 6am to 6pm and im not on my phone very much. The battery is shit no doubt about it. i had a blackberry before and definitely liked it better. for a business phone the iphone is a glorified gameboy...useless

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=7208.msg73752#msg73752 date=1387384947]

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
My wife has the galaxy s3 and my buddy has the S2 and both of them have terrible problems.  Both of them drop calls, his has been in twice for repairs, and my wife's actually sends garbage when texting (like inserts extra characters, I thought it was her but it isn't, we did it side-by-side at home).  So android was sort of out for me.  I will say the iphone does work as a phone, it just needs to be 2x thicker and/or have a replaceable battery. 
[/quote]

ya i guess its a preference thing, i've had my s3 since they came out, so over 1.5 years now.. not one issue with it, i have it with me 24/7, and keep it with me at work, so its been through alot, i use an otter box case and screen protectors and its still in like new condition, call clarity and reception is great, im with Telus which in our area is really good, i must say it works good in London too tho. i also should add i run the newest firmware out, have it rooted and it stripped of all the samsung apps so its just straight android. i used to be a blackberry user but they just have fallen too far behind in terms of their phones and OS.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
It really comes down to preference
I use the iPhone 5 for business every day and find I can organize my appointments and schedule no problem ( I did like the last operating system better)

I've met people who hate blackberry, iPhone, Samsung etc etc, to each his own, if one was a distinct winner it would be the only surviving phone :)

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Duke link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7208.msg73753#msg73753 date=1387385116]

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

ya i guess its a preference thing, i've had my s3 since they came out, so over 1.5 years now.. not one issue with it, i have it with me 24/7, and keep it with me at work, so its been through alot, i use an otter box case and screen protectors and its still in like new condition, call clarity and reception is great, im with Telus which in our area is really good, i must say it works good in London too tho. i also should add i run the newest firmware out, have it rooted and it stripped of all the samsung apps so its just straight android. i used to be a blackberry user but they just have fallen too far behind in terms of their phones and OS.
[/quote]I know a lot of people buy the Iphone case that has the extra battery in it.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=7208.msg73760#msg73760 date=1387386197]
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7208.msg73753#msg73753 date=1387385116]

[/quote]

The fucking battery.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]I know a lot of people buy the Iphone case that has the extra battery in it.
[/quote]

Yea but their pricey, 80-100$

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Galaxy S4 is a wicked phone. I only went back to the Note 2, because I wanted the larger screen for gaming and for emailing. I'm looking for a Note 3 currently.

As a guy that switches phones probably every 4-6 months, I've tried em all, BB, iPhone, Android.

Hands down, Android offers the best apps, for the best price, and has some sleek and sexy phones.