Iphone vs Blackberry

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7208.msg73782#msg73782 date=1387394903]
Apps on iPhone, no matter what anyone says, are superior.  That's about the only thing apple did right, except using gorrilla glass.  Android apps are like the phones...all over the map in terms of quality.

What's funny is it was Tony's 'phone' that put the nail in the coffin for android for me.  I was going to ask him how he liked it, but then I saw the glass in a billion shattered pieces lol.

I set the flash to light up on an incoming text, and the girl at the Bay thought I was taking pictures of her and came over and said \"you can't do that in here\".  I was just texting and getting a response.  Apple REALLY should put a little led on the front for notifications. 

Everyone says I'll get used to it, and worst comes to worst I can sell it and get a real phone again.  We'll see.  I just have to keep it in good shape until then.

Apple invented apps ...  how can you compare to a company that stole the idea?

The one and only thing I hate about apple is that IOS7 . I stuck with the old software.

Glen did you let the phone completely die before charging it fully when you got it ? 
[/quote]

Yeah I'm going to try that, let it discharge, but it's tough to do when you need the phone and it takes a fair while to charge back up.  (the torch was 20 mins, this thing I heard is 2 hours :(  )

I'm going to have to spend a bunch of time with all the options on this thing.  If I can get a decent hiking gps app I'll probably love it.  I get lost every single goddamn time I hike with the dogs.  Doesn't matter if it's a path I've followed since I was 12, somehow I always get turned around.  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
get a garmin watch for hiking

I looked at a lot of the portable gps devices, the ones I liked had a real time map, but were crazy $$$.  There was one I looked at as a wristwatch, it may have been garmin, but it was much less accurate, was all liquid crystal technology,  Basically you set a start point and followed an arrow back, but that wasn't great if you wanted to do a breadcrumb trail.  Who knows maybe they've improved since then.  But jeez, you would figure a $900 superphone should do it :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=7208.msg73821#msg73821 date=1387408851]

Apps on iPhone, no matter what anyone says, are superior.  That's about the only thing apple did right, except using gorrilla glass.  Android apps are like the phones...all over the map in terms of quality.

What's funny is it was Tony's 'phone' that put the nail in the coffin for android for me.  I was going to ask him how he liked it, but then I saw the glass in a billion shattered pieces lol.

I set the flash to light up on an incoming text, and the girl at the Bay thought I was taking pictures of her and came over and said \"you can't do that in here\".  I was just texting and getting a response.  Apple REALLY should put a little led on the front for notifications. 

Everyone says I'll get used to it, and worst comes to worst I can sell it and get a real phone again.  We'll see.  I just have to keep it in good shape until then.

Apple invented apps ...  how can you compare to a company that stole the idea?

The one and only thing I hate about apple is that IOS7 . I stuck with the old software.

Glen did you let the phone completely die before charging it fully when you got it ? 
[/quote]

Yeah I'm going to try that, let it discharge, but it's tough to do when you need the phone and it takes a fair while to charge back up.  (the torch was 20 mins, this thing I heard is 2 hours :(  )

I'm going to have to spend a bunch of time with all the options on this thing.  If I can get a decent hiking gps app I'll probably love it.  I get lost every single goddamn time I hike with the dogs.  Doesn't matter if it's a path I've followed since I was 12, somehow I always get turned around.  :)
[/quote]

Tip, turn the phone to airplane mode when your charge it, charges way faster.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:

Wait till you drop your phone, the aluminum ring will be scuffed, and magically both the front AND back of your phone will be shattered. comparing all the phones side by side, iPhones by far are the most fragile. When there are stores that JUST repair iphone screens, and they can stay in business, you know there is something wrong with the build quality, as it is shitty enough to support a secondary market.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
theyangman link said:

Wait till you drop your phone, the aluminum ring will be scuffed, and magically both the front AND back of your phone will be shattered. comparing all the phones side by side, iPhones by far are the most fragile. When there are stores that JUST repair iphone screens, and they can stay in business, you know there is something wrong with the build quality, as it is shitty enough to support a secondary market.
[/quote]

You can't sass a phone when yours is in 500 pieces lol.

I've had 3 ipods, 2 ipads and now this iphone.  I have plastic, leather or silicone cases for all of them, and they all still have perfect screens.  I did already order a nice magpul case to match my AR-15 ;)
http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/125

theyangman

Distinguished Member
You made it sound like mine was shattered and that was the reason you went apple. Like they are indestructible.

Wait and find out.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
No, but it didn't help when your television  phone was shattered and looked to be only a week old.  Didn't you say you were swatting flies with it?

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Lol I got the note 2 last year. I only cracked the screen like 2 weeks ago. It fell completely flat on its face and it shattered.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
theyangman link said:
Lol I got the note 2 last year. I only cracked the screen like 2 weeks ago. It fell completely flat on its face and it shattered.

that must have hurt, changing the screens isnt too bad on them.. but i think they are pricey anyways so its probably not worth it.. do you run modified operating systems on yours?

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I used to run custom roms but lately I have just used the stock os offerings. I just hated dealing with quasi buggy roms that would crash and reboot for no reason and stuff. Mine is rooted still for free apps. :)

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Poseidon link said:
nokia rocks

time-warp-500x350.jpg

nokia5110hk5%5B1%5D.gif