Jebao DC-12000 Controllable Pump

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
No the pump is still operating like new, somehow I generate less Heat with this pump running internally than I was with the external reeflo, very happy with it thus far. And I love the soft start and feed modes, really easy on reactors when u turn it on. When they release a needlewheel for the small DC ump I'll be molding my skimmer to take it

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
the soft start is nice.  yu can watch yur media in the reactors when it turns on.  its like a few bubblles amd the media starst to tumble a wee bit for like 5 secs. then works its way up.    to full ...

JordanHurst

Whats the Head hight you are pumping to? from your floor to top of tank? or from basement?

Just ordered one for myself. OCT 5th orderd, will keep posted.

JordanHurst

Wow. this thing shipped fast. Its here. hooked up and running. Its moving more then my Mag 18. Its dead quite, solid, no temperature increase, love the controller. I was hoping to run a header for my reactors as well as a recycle line to feed a frag system. Very doubtful on doing that as well as feeding the tank with water. I may buy another one and run my reactors and a small frag system. Very nice buy!. it was 113$ and like 44$ shipping. ups called to clear customs and boom at my door no fees or anything after they told me on the phone that it will be like $10 plus duty or some bull. the guy came and dropped off. weird.
amazing buy. Im pumping to a 1" up 4 feet split into a Y up to the display.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Hey guys, I'm considering ordering one of these for my 135 gallon, what size would you suggest that I order? Would be set up under the tank in the cabinet.

monizb

Super Active Member
I just hooked up my dc 6000 and I don't even run at half and works amazing and not loud at all and I run a 160 gal with 40 gal sump the 6000 would be great for u sunnykita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
JordanHurst link said:
Wow. this thing shipped fast. Its here. hooked up and running. Its moving more then my Mag 18. Its dead quite, solid, no temperature increase, love the controller. I was hoping to run a header for my reactors as well as a recycle line to feed a frag system. Very doubtful on doing that as well as feeding the tank with water. I may buy another one and run my reactors and a small frag system. Very nice buy!. it was 113$ and like 44$ shipping. ups called to clear customs and boom at my door no fees or anything after they told me on the phone that it will be like $10 plus duty or some bull. the guy came and dropped off. weird.
amazing buy. Im pumping to a 1\" up 4 feet split into a Y up to the display.
You might get a bill in the mail from UPS, I did.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
monizb link said:
I just hooked up my dc 6000 and I don't even run at half and works amazing and not loud at all and I run a 160 gal with 40 gal sump the 6000 would be great for u sunnykita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad your liking it so far brian..

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Pistol link said:
[quote author=JordanHurst link=topic=6206.msg63584#msg63584 date=1381279848]
amazing buy. Im pumping to a 1\" up 4 feet split into a Y up to the display.
You might get a bill in the mail from UPS, I did.
[/quote]how big of a bill Cal?these DC pumps are great,i want to order another for my closed loop

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
They no longer sell the Jebao DC-12000, we'll unless you find some over stock. Since this thread they have done the DCT and DCS series. I run a DC 12000 on my DT. It died after almost 3 I think. I had a dc12000 spare that I am using now. It does 8' of head on a 1" pipe with 1" full siphon return and only at 70% power. Plus all the other plumbing to go under my house and back up. They are good pumps. For the price of them you can buy a back up and still be ahead money wise.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have a DCS(?) 7000 in my new build. Controller is real real sketchy. If you connect the power brick to the controller with it plugged in you get a real big spark, like 2" circumference, as well the power port popped out on mine, plus it sometimes has blips and bleeps when it starts up if I have it set to 100% (no issues at 70%). So I installed a smoke and heat detector near the tank and am thinking about getting a $$$ DC pump. Got this from Garry, and of course he said "easy to get parts if this has problems". When I picked it up I said "so easy to get parts for this?" and he said "don't think so". So not sure where the communication problem was there, who knows could be I heard wrong.

That said they move a lot of water real quiet. I just don't trust it.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have a Jebao DC-12000 on recommendations here on my little 60 gallon Cube and boy does it produce some flow. I leave it on about 50% and its amazing, no sound (no problems over a year) The feed mode is a nice feature. I would buy it again.