Jebao WP-25 Review

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Does anyone know whatever happened to the Fish Street Wavemaker box? I thought I read somewhere that Tunze won a patent infringement case and they had to stop selling them?

Also, I have heard from a store vendor that "it will be a matter of time before the North American market starts seeing problems with the Jebao as in China over 95% have been recalled and sent back to the manufacturer." I haven't read this information anywhere and wanted to know if anyone has read it or heard of it? It seems that we are close to the 1 year mark and all have been running strong without problems. ;)

TorontoBound

Well if that's the case buy them up before they are not available and then sell them for 10x more then what you paid lol. I'm pretty sure reef supply canada still sells the wp wave box

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
teebone110 link said:
Does anyone know whatever happened to the Fish Street Wavemaker box? I thought I read somewhere that Tunze won a patent infringement case and they had to stop selling them?

Also, I have heard from a store vendor that \"it will be a matter of time before the North American market starts seeing problems with the Jebao as in China over 95% have been recalled and sent back to the manufacturer.\" I haven't read this information anywhere and wanted to know if anyone has read it or heard of it? It seems that we are close to the 1 year mark and all have been running strong without problems. ;)

sounds like something a rival company would say lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Pretty sure it is waveline that has a class action law suit on hand for their dc pumps.  I haven't found anything on Jebao. But IMHO, it sounds like a typical rumor mill trying to curve sales and will again only boost sales.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Torx link said:
Pretty sure it is waveline that has a class action law suit on hand for their dc pumps.  I haven't found anything on Jebao. But IMHO, it sounds like a typical rumor mill trying to curve sales and will again only boost sales.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Looked more like a call Sam Bernstein kinda ad than an actual law suit..

http://waveline-recall.info/index.html

No doubt someone trying to capitalize on the success of others.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Kraken will be in London for the show I believe; and I have no doubt he will bring any he has in stock with him :)

I have been running a pair (from Kraken) since July(ish) and I have had no problems. They have survived neglect (algae growth) power outages, and coraline algae. I am getting a new Jeb40, and a controller to hook my 25, and 40 together. It will sync them up better than individual controllers.

Kraken is really good with warranty issues too.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
teebone110 link said:

Also, I have heard from a store vendor that \"it will be a matter of time before the North American market starts seeing problems with the Jebao as in China over 95% have been recalled and sent back to the manufacturer.\" I haven't read this information anywhere and wanted to know if anyone has read it or heard of it? It seems that we are close to the 1 year mark and all have been running strong without problems. ;)

I thought I saw it on there last time I was on the site... if not there is also a WP40 wavebox that reefsuppliescanada carries.  I've been using that one since last July.