Josh's 150g Basement Sump Build

Josh

35 ppt. Mixed over 24hr. Checked with 2 sources and my apex salinity sensor didnt budge after the change.

Ive been burned by salinity in the past so i double check that shit now. Bit of a mystery what happened i guess

Hong

Could be their lifespan. Quick search shows around 3-5 yrs for both fish. Could be a combination of age and a sudden change, as you suspect.

Do you have a cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh

I think what happened was the venturi plugged up on the skimmer and caused it to overflow dumping a full cup of skim mate into the water.

Josh

So its been a bit of a summer of love here at my house. The black mollies in my frag tank bred, haven't seen any babies lately but I saw 5 in the sump who should have a pretty good chance if they'll eat algae.

Last night I got to witness something amazing. Wish i got a better video but they seemed skiddish so i decided to just sit back and enjoy, they did full dance a few times.

Josh

Finally had some time to work on the tanks over the holidays. Had a small bar fridge just sitting in the garage from my bachelor days and decided it was time to put it to use.

20210103_175953.jpg
20210103_180006.jpg

Last edited: