Latest Updates - Fragfest 2015

jroovers

Super Active Member
Last year's turnout was fantastic (based on someone who was just attending), I didn't buy much as I wasn't in the market for frags really, this year I'm the opposite, I'm hoping that my tank cycles in time to be able to load up... less vendors just means that there is less likely to be frags going back home with the vendors that have already clearly committed. :)

Snowy Bytes

Website
mastcanada.org
Last year was my time at the London Frag Fest. It quickly became my favourite show--I was even happily amazed to have three people sign up to be members MAST there. People come from all over to this venue, it's very well run, and a lot of fun. Since that time, I've helped organize other shows (not to the extent of this show)....I'm still learning the process. J-T ...keep moving your table and soon you will be by the MAST table :p

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
We are down to 2 or 3 tables left, so that's great, I've been a bit swamped with real work...house listings and tenant issues are just taking up every free minute... but I'm trying to keep all this organized. If I have forgotten to respond to anyone let me know, it's not intentional.

Who mentioned a sound system? I use an old guitar amp and it's not the most reliable... :)

Joshbrookkate

This will be my first time going to a frag fest! Just heard about London's Frag Fest from someone on Reef Central. I am so glad to find a local reefing forum, too. (I'm from Windsor.)

Could someone please tell me how I should prepare? (In addition to bringing a lot of cash...)
Do I bring a cooler? A heater for the ride home? I've never done this before.

And what time do the doors open to the general public?

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

Bfofre

This will be my first time going to a frag fest! Just heard about London's Frag Fest from someone on Reef Central. I am so glad to find a local reefing forum, too. (I'm from Windsor.)

Could someone please tell me how I should prepare? (In addition to bringing a lot of cash...)
Do I bring a cooler? A heater for the ride home? I've never done this before.

And what time do the doors open to the general public?

Thanks for the advice.
I'm also from Windsor.. And when I attend (last year) , I brought a cooler, and yes a pocket full of cash.. The weather isn't going to be that cold so the ride home should be fine in the cooler. I don't think you'll require any additional heat..

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Bring an excellent attitude, as you will find tons of the same there. It's always fun, and there will be decent raffle prizes, and the selection of coral is top notch, whatever you are looking for, you will likely find :)

www.londonfragfest.ca

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
This is always my list of stuff to bring to any frag show;

Cooler for your frags
Cash - lots of $5 and $10 bills. Makes it easier for the vendors
A towel for inside the cooler to wrap your frags in
Extra bags in case a bag leaks
Heat packs - dollar store or sports store- you can't find them. Fill a few small water bottles with hot water, or bring empty one to fill at the show
Wear comfy shoes
Wear cooler clothes under your coat. It's usually quite hot and humid inside
And be prepared to have fun and chat with a lot of great people

Sony Xperia Z3

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Great ideas, I would think if a vendor or the event bought some frag bags and had them available to the public for a nickel or dime a bag. It would be a great convenience.

You also mentioned carring 5 -10 dollar bills, does this mean that there are frags going for this price?

I used to go to the coin operated car wash in my area and get 30-40 in change. It's a bit of a pocket full but if I didn't spend it all I had timmies money for a couple of weeks :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Great ideas, I would think if a vendor or the event bought some frag bags and had them available to the public for a nickel or dime a bag. It would be a great convenience.

You also mentioned carring 5 -10 dollar bills, does this mean that there are frags going for this price?

I used to go to the coin operated car wash in my area and get 30-40 in change. It's a bit of a pocket full but if I didn't spend it all I had timmies money for a couple of weeks :)
I'm the event guy, the original plan was to have cooler bags for the first 150 people through the door, but with the weakened Canuckistani dollar, I couldn't get them done for less than $5 each, which at that point means I'm charging $$$$$ for admission to cover them. So I'm reducing the entrance cost to $5 and I put the extra into the raffle items instead.

That said, if anyone knows where I could get grocery style bags for a good price...

fireangel

try staples for just a plastic shopping bag, that's where i got mine.
You will definitely be able to find $5-$10 frags of all sorts! With that said it does make the life of a vendor easier if people do have some smaller bills.
I can not wait to see everyone there and meet some new faces and catch up with old ones.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I'm the event guy, the original plan was to have cooler bags for the first 150 people through the door, but with the weakened Canuckistani dollar, I couldn't get them done for less than $5 each, which at that point means I'm charging $$$$$ for admission to cover them. So I'm reducing the entrance cost to $5 and I put the extra into the raffle items instead.

That said, if anyone knows where I could get grocery style bags for a good price...

Didn't mean to imply what you should or shouldn't do. I just assumed that someone would have purchased fish bags in bulk and could sell them for small fee just for convenience.

http://www.ejbags.com/canada-fish-bags-supplier-toronto

http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquarium-supplies/c378155231/p17700768.html

Grocery style bags here http://www.kijiji.ca/v-business-ind...gs/1062583743?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true