MAgazine store

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=6305.msg61073#msg61073 date=1379461137]
I plan on going for my restricted and non restricted fire arm license so I can apply for the CBSA

Man, it's hard enough to get back into Canada without kooks like you on the border!  :)
[/quote]

Talk like that won't get ya back in ... Ill keep my eye out for the Saltycracker lol

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6305.msg61070#msg61070 date=1379460976]
canadian tire should have what your looking for if you just want to read, if you want to buy try http://frontierfirearms.ca . check out the black rifles for the good stuff.. lol . In Canada you need a second permit to have restricted fire arms and they can only be shot at a range or competitions.

Does Canadian tire really carry magazines?
[/quote]

the one here has a rack of hunting and fishing magazines in the outdoors section.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Duke link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6305.msg61119#msg61119 date=1379516476]
canadian tire should have what your looking for if you just want to read, if you want to buy try http://frontierfirearms.ca . check out the black rifles for the good stuff.. lol . In Canada you need a second permit to have restricted fire arms and they can only be shot at a range or competitions.

[/quote]

the one here has a rack of hunting and fishing magazines in the outdoors section.
[/quote]

Cool, I'll mosey on over there today and take a look. 

I can see magazines dying here.  $11 for a year's subscription in the US, $27 here.  What THA fuck??  ALLL the magazines are like that it looks like! 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:

[/quote]yup crappy tire does have arack of magazines.  and even  carry grocerys now.....walmart copycats

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6305.msg61123#msg61123 date=1379516889]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see magazines dying here.  $11 for a year's subscription in the US, $27 here.  What THA frick??  ALLL the magazines are like that it looks like! 
[/quote]i think more cost of the gst .hst thing. i was getting some magazines from the usa to my canadain box.  but when we bought in the gst yrs ago.  they said no more.  unless i get a mailbox in usa  they didnt wanna do the gst paperwork. ...same as most ppl wont ship to a canada mailbox from ebay

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6305.msg61125#msg61125 date=1379517428]
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6305.msg61123#msg61123 date=1379516889]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see magazines dying here.  $11 for a year's subscription in the US, $27 here.  What THA frick??  ALLL the magazines are like that it looks like! 
[/quote]i think more cost of the gst .hst thing. i was getting some magazines from the usa to my canadain box.  but when we bought in the gst yrs ago.  they said no more.  unless i get a mailbox in usa  they didnt wanna do the gst paperwork. ...same as most ppl wont ship to a canada mailbox from ebay
[/quote]

Well sure, but I'm willing to pay the 13% markup...we're talking almost 200% markup!

I guess I'll get all my gun info from the youtubes now.  :)

dale

our gas station/quiznos/global doughnuts/convience store/ cigar shop/headshop/magazine shop has gna fer sher... do you have one of those near you?... i think its petro-can..

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
dale link said:
our gas station/quiznos/global doughnuts/convience store/ cigar shop/headshop/magazine shop has gna fer sher... do you have one of those near you?... i think its petro-can..

I have some of those, but never seen them smooshed into one before.  Canadian Tire had guns, and they had ammo, but no guns and ammo :)

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I plan on going for my restricted and non restricted fire arm license so I can apply for the CBSA

I'm signed up for my restricted course in Jan.  :)
[/quote]

Are you a member of a club or just doing this independently?

Just curious...I have Restricted/Prohibited from before all of the new legislation...was considering joining a club again.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdInfinitum link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6305.msg61075#msg61075 date=1379461673]

I'm signed up for my restricted course in Jan.  :)
[/quote]

Are you a member of a club or just doing this independently?

Just curious...I have Restricted/Prohibited from before all of the new legislation...was considering joining a club again.
[/quote]

I believe I have to be a member of a club to qualify for restricted now.  Likely join the east Aylmer club, I have a friend there, and the instructors promote it....say it's a pretty good club.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I was a member at East Aylmer/Elgin for years...but years ago.  Was a great club. Decent facilities and a great atmosphere with no attitude like Crumlin at the time.  I am thinking about the rod/gun in Dorchester now (friends there).  No rifle range (just trap) or competitive HG events like Aylmer had, but a nice little HG range, inexpensive and a friendly family oriented group.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdInfinitum link said:
I was a member at East Aylmer/Elgin for years...but years ago.  Was a great club. Decent facilities and a great atmosphere with no attitude like Crumlin at the time.  I am thinking about the rod/gun in Dorchester now (friends there).  No rifle range (just trap) or competitive HG events like Aylmer had, but a nice little HG range, inexpensive and a friendly family oriented group.
Yeah crumlin has a pretty bad rap overall, and I hear horror stories about the state of the HG range.  EE seems to keep things in tip top shape.  I may want to get the wife/kids involved too, so EE seems to be the right choice.  Plus they do the ATT test for restricted, so it's all good. 

curiousphil

Super Active Member
There used to be a store called "news of the world" or something like that in the food court at Masonville Mall.  It's been a few years since I've been there and I don't go to the mall often at all so I don't know if it's still there... but they basically specialized in magazines.  May be worth a shot if Canadian Tire doesn't pan out.

I'm surprised that Chapters didn't have it!  I usually go there for my nerdy magazines like Scientific American, Make, Wired and Nat Geo and such that you don't typically see in variety stores.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
curiousphil link said:
There used to be a store called \"news of the world\" or something like that in the food court at Masonville Mall.  It's been a few years since I've been there and I don't go to the mall often at all so I don't know if it's still there... but they basically specialized in magazines.  May be worth a shot if Canadian Tire doesn't pan out.

I'm surprised that Chapters didn't have it!  I usually go there for my nerdy magazines like Scientific American, Make, Wired and Nat Geo and such that you don't typically see in variety stores.

There was a lot of magazines at chapters, but only hunting mags (which is worse you would thing than gun mags).  I'll check out the store directory, thanks for the tip!

"international news"    So I call...
"herow?"
"Do you carry guns and ammo magazine?"
".....i have no idea". 

Wow.  Good customer relations.  Well I haven't been in masonville in 100 years, not driving there for a "no idea".  Like, you work there, why the F don't you know what you carry??  I worked in warehousing for years, and I knew almost every item in the whole place, much less what magazines are in a small store.  Sheesh :)      My wife is in san diego, I'll see if she can get a fistfull of magazines there and just order through the cards...

What's funny is there is a HUGE gun population/community here.  Really well organized/informed for the most part,  and even those people don't know where to get gun magazines anymore.  They just say "come to the range, we'll tell you more than you'll learn in a magazine"  :)