Moving Up To 220

Jason Bell

I saved large on the tank and lights, helps for the rest of the build. In time I will swap out the Hydra's but for now they will do what I need.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I’ve seen hydras grow anything , I have a old set (not up yet)

Jealous very nice man lookin good

Jason Bell

I'll get the light bar up this weekend and the tank on the stand. Plumbing of course will be next and make the rock work, waiting on the new RODI unit, my current 90gpd is okay for the 120, but went with a 200gpd unit for this one. I'm excited to just do it, but still pondering a few options for carbon reactor, bio pellet unit as current one is too small and want to run an algae reactor. I'm thinking Reef Octopus for those three, but perhaps the Bashsea reactor and pellet media unit.

Jason Bell

Finally the tank is on the stand, all the plumbing is ordered and new 200gpd RODI unit arrived. I have to add the foam under it tomorrow, clean it and get the hanging kit installed for the lights, with any luck it should be ready for water next week.

20210208_183822_compress86.jpg

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Looking good ! Something I forgot to do with my 120 was foam under it .. oh well yolo!

Jason Bell

That one is getting changed next week, I have a friend who is a certified electrician so he is making the change on that and running a dual 15amp dedicated circuit for the tank, plan on most of the wiring to be behind the wall with the Apex gear.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
not sure about your plans for the skirting over the stand, however a good option would be to have the entire front facing panel come off so you can have full access to your sump area. This piece would have 3 hinged doors and would attach to the stand with earth magnets.

I have seen this before and would have been the way I would have done things differently if I had a chance to do this again.

Jason Bell

You read my mind, I am having some CNC work done that will be the cover for the front and sides, and in fact my first thought was magnets. I definitely want full and easy access.

Jason Bell

I smashed a bunch of Marco up with a hammer and chisel, 150lbs worth, that one piece is all bonded together, used extra thick glue and accelerant It is almost done, but not yet. Need about 4 pieces for the look that I want. Plenty of trial and error.

Last edited:

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Oh believe me I wasted 5 months trying to make my man made rock lmao I know the feeling of trail and error , it’s a great look can’t wait to see it up

Jason Bell

I'm really hoping by the end of the week to have all the rock structures completed. It took a while breaking them all down, but going together relatively quick.

Seasquirt

I noticed that theres nothing between your stand and the tank, 3/4 plywood and foam would of eased my mind.
I've got to get into the Neptune system, seems everyone is going that route. More reading i guess.
My rock work isn't great, I've got to get more creative, it's a shame smashing up all that rock.
You must be having a ton of fun.
We all deserve to have what makes us happier. Very nice

Jason Bell

There will be foam for sure, I have it sitting there, just have not had the man power to lift it, basically just my buddy and I and the GF will lay it out under. I was heavy in to the Reef Keeper back in the day and actually up to start of 2020. Once I saw the Trident I knew I wanted one, so may as well go full bore. As for the rock, I always had just a wall of rock stacked up, I did one tank with the rear foam rock wall, but I have been watching lots of videos on negative aquascape and figured why not. Breaking up the rock was easier than I thought, putting it all together is something else, every time I add a piece I see another piece that may have been better, but we will see how it goes.

Jason Bell

Another piece of rock done, when I was told it takes a while they were not kidding. Arranging them all once done will be another adventure.

20210217_205344_HDR_compress53~2.jpg

Some more items arrived as well that I am happy about.

20210217_210240_compress4~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20210217_205359_HDR_compress38.jpg
    20210217_205359_HDR_compress38.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 81