My 75 gallon build (Redneck 2.1)

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Well,since my 60 gallon cube didn't work out i picked up this 75 from here (thx minisrmylife),first had to make a spot in this little apt,then out to the balcony to drill some holes.Will update as it progresses.

update:
finished the sump today (after i got a new glass cutter)kinda messy with the silicone but i hope to trim it up some once it dries,finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel,this build has had a few setbacks but i feel its gonna go good from here on in, i hope to have the new and improved redneck 2.1,smaller,quieter and less bulk from past redneck tanks

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Re: My 75 gallon build

Im assuming this is the one you weren't sure if tempered, and drilled all 3 holes in like 30min. Looks good man.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Those first few pics where before the transfer. Will be quite the transformation.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger

jerry_doucette link said:
Im assuming this is the one you weren't sure if tempered, and drilled all 3 holes in like 30min. Looks good man.

thx ,and yes,once i was sure there is no stopping me  heheheheh

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger

Torx link said:
Those first few pics where before the transfer. Will be quite the transformation.

actually this is a new build torx,my 60 cube didnt work out,the transfer to the 25 was sucessfull,now to get this one up

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger

daleomilla link said:
go Pulp go you can do it.
you know it buddy,once i get all fired up theres no stopping me,made it home with my big bag of farm supplies  lol

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger

the valves?or the bulkheads? or just the general pvc?  bulkheads average 8 bucks,pvc fittings start at 79 cents,those big ball valves start at $12 all threaded,these valves disassemble to service when required

J

jones02

$12 for a threaded ball! there 4.59 a rona.

R

reeffreak

ya sorry lack of explanation on my part , the valves are what I was asking about . Those industrial bulkheads are huge compaired to ones you would get from IA or any other fish site , are they not ?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
My 75 gallon build

When things are built like tanks they will cost more. Also they would have alot more pressure then any aquarium pump I would think.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

pulpfiction1 link said:
been using the same pumps for years without issues

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

yep, and you never will probably.