my first sump

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale

super simple, just the way i like it. there will be a sponge over the return in the back corner and rubble with rock and macro algae. still need overflow box and return. (thinkin about buildin the box) im shootin for between 200 and 300 gph. thanx for watchin

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
The sump looks great. The only thing I would change is the height of the baffle on the left. Having it that high means you are going to have to have your water level that high. Unless of coarse there is something in the picture I can't see.

dale

i was thinking the intake/skimmer area will be at 9in an the refugeum at 8-4.5 and that stil doesnt leave much room for evap. (will need auto top up soon) . thats only 3.5 in room for water level flux in a 10 gallon tank amount of space.  prob loose 2 gal a day now. i was trying to get most amout of space without power out/ backflow probs in the amount of space i had. like i said its my first so it just a guess that its the best ballance. we"ll see soon BYOM (bring your own mop).

Z

Zakk

Your filing cabinets must be pre 1980.  I don't think they make them strong enough to hold up fishtanks any more! lol

dale

i just looped a tube to the tank so it doesnt suck air. turned power off, it doesnt loose suction, sucked the air out with my mouth, pump is still in car (im lazy).

Status
Not open for further replies.