New 6 Foot Long Tank :)

Bigfish

yes i remember you saying that, just wasnt sure how else to seal it or if it really mattered once it was completely full?
I had a leak in mine when I first got it. I replied it with weld on which is an acrylic glue. That's what they are usually built with. I would have used some sort of epoxy, I think you will be OK with the silicone since there won't be a lot of pressure on it. If you have an issue with it, you can always replace the overflow boxes later.

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Quick sunday update. Water is full, rock work is pretty much done....for now. Hopefully I'll have the lights hung tonight or Tuesday, just waiting for my father in law to finish riging up a way of hanging them. Sooooo, my question is I used about half new RO water and half water from my current 90 gallon tank. I added a bottle of that doctor tims stuff so should I be able to start to slowly add my fish or wait a couple weeks and watch for a mini cycle?

Bigfish

Quick sunday update. Water is full, rock work is pretty much done....for now. Hopefully I'll have the lights hung tonight or Tuesday, just waiting for my father in law to finish riging up a way of hanging them. Sooooo, my question is I used about half new RO water and half water from my current 90 gallon tank. I added a bottle of that doctor tims stuff so should I be able to start to slowly add my fish or wait a couple weeks and watch for a mini cycle?

Bigfish

Those returns look pretty far below the water line. Have to tried shutting off the pumps and making sure your Sump doesn't overflow?