New 6 Foot Long Tank :)

heath

Distinguished Member
good advise, mine runs best at 8 to 9"... you will love it... I hope that you have a strong stomach, the crap that comes out is absolutely gross and if you happen to notice a bad smell in the room where your tank is, check the skimmer...

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
good advise, mine runs best at 8 to 9"... you will love it... I hope that you have a strong stomach, the crap that comes out is absolutely gross and if you happen to notice a bad smell in the room where your tank is, check the skimmer...
Is that 8 to 9 from the base of the skimmer to the top of the water line or from the water intake on the skimmer to the water line?

heath

Distinguished Member
from the bottom of the skimmer to the water line...and when I said it smells, kind of smells like dog poo...
the water level in my sump is roughly 12" so raise the skimmer, mine is sitting on an egg crate shelf with 2 bricks.. you will probly have to tweak and play with it a bit..

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Perfect i put egg crate in last night and now the base of the skimmer is 8.5 inches from the water line. It sucked out a fair amount of crap last night and there's only 3 fish in there at the moment

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Not bad for 24 hours with only 3 fish in the tank

Attachments

• 20160211_180431.jpg
    20160211_180431.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Can someone explain how there could be that much dissolved solids in the system. But it not cause issues?

heath

Distinguished Member
what you are looking at in the collection cup is no more than 2 cups of condensed gunk, think of the big picture how much is the total water volume,,, say no more about the argument of the importance of a GOOD skimmer...

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
from the bottom of the skimmer to the water line...and when I said it smells, kind of smells like dog poo...
the water level in my sump is roughly 12" so raise the skimmer, mine is sitting on an egg crate shelf with 2 bricks.. you will probly have to tweak and play with it a bit..
Dear lord it smells discussing... your sure right!!! Worse then any other skimmer I've used