New around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I am new to the salt aspect of aquariums, currently have a 29 gallon biocube with upgraded lighting and fan kit. I will post pictures later today of it for everyone to see and help me along. I think things are going well though.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
First started up:
photo.jpg

Water cleared, ready to cycle:
photo2.jpg

Red leg hermit, taking care of hair algae bloom:
photo1.jpg

First corals added to tank:

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

This is where the tank sits at now. 9 red leg hermits, 6 margaritta snails, 1 peppermint shrimp. I will get a picture of the whole tank today sometime.

spyd

Super Active Member
Looks good. I like the pieces of live rock. If you still have hair algae, get a few Mexican Turbo snails. They will do 100x better at cleaning the alge than hermit crabs ever will.

F

Fraggle Rock

+1 for more snails, can never have enough. Don't just get one kind though get a few different kinds, Cerith's are one of my favorites along with trochus and bumble bee snails (good for detritus). If you get some trochus snails theres a very good chance they'll reproduce in your tank.

Welcome to the site.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
A short video of my tank. 3 green chromis from big als have been added and are swimming around nicely.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Thank you teebone110 for the new additions, and helpful knowledge. Here they are in my tank.

R

reeffreak

lets see the zoos , looks good hope it all dfoes well for ya

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Will clean glass tonight and use a real camera instead of this phone garbage  lol.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Update.

Fish list: 3 blue/green chromis, lawnmower blenny, diamondback goby, various types of snails, and around 6 red scarlet hermits.

R

reeffreak

looks great Jerry those these clowns will love it there ... if they ever make it there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.