New around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yellend

Well hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though have been in this hobby of tanks for quite a long time.  I have gone through a lot of tank setups growing up and they sure are things that you would really get to enjoy with the proper things going.  I like the idea of having live corals and plants but that type makes for a more intricate and complicated type of growing.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Newest addition to tank. Excited to see him roam around.

You will see a FTS of his home in the June photo of the month :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
So the new addition decided to molt for the second time since being added to the tank. My mini maxi grabbed the molt last night and started eating it looks like haha. Photo taken this morning

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Update. Going to be making the cube a higher nutrient system with mostly lps to see what kind of growth I can get.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sure does, the hammer is on the left on the big rock below the big hammer, it's working its way out slowly.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Brandon link said:
do you have plans to upgrade to a bigger tank jerry?

I was even told where she wants the bigger tank, and its exactly where I wanted it too, will be in wall with room behind.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Hi Jerry

What size tank are you thinking of?  I love the in the wall ones.  I think they look so amazing. Much easier to look after also with everything in the open in the next room. Mine is out in the open but I have everything going through a wall into another room and I love the ease of maintenance.  No more contorting into strange positions to clean out the sump/refugium and skimmer.  I am finding I clean it more often too.
Your current tank looks good with great coral growth. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
yveterinarian link said:
What size tank are you thinking of?  I love the in the wall ones. 

I would love a really long tank so I could house some nice tangs, will mostly be sps I think so stuff doesn't overgrow things too quickly.

Maybe something like a 180-200 gallon I hope  ;D

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Did some glass cleaning and re arranging. Heres 2 side views and a video of front. The sides have been covered in corraline algae for quite some time.

http://s1165.photobucket.com/albums/q593/jerrydoucette/?action=view&current=IMG_1466.mp4

9ety3u7y.jpg

a6amavep.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Few quick coral pictures from cube.

Gold torch--no flow
uty4ezat.jpg

Green Aussie duncan(top) blue Aussie Duncan(bottom)
zazy7egu.jpg

Clowns in green torch
y2a4yzeg.jpg

Green singulara (not sure on spelling)
ehy5ysu4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.