New Tank Build/swap 75gal Rebuild

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Ok yesterday was a hectic busy day, driving from St Thomas to brantford and back home again, picking up tanks, stands, lights, pumps....boy it was busy.

So my game plan is I am tearing down my 90 gal corner tank to prepare the floor and space for a large tank to be placed there at some time. I got a 75 gal yesterday and got a new stand for it. Boy I hate those building instructions, about midnight I got it all done and in location. Cut a hole in e floor for pipes to be run to sump in basement, need to drill a couple holes in the tank yet. Also picked up a 40 gal tank and a 20 gal sump to be used on a separate system for a frag tank in the basement.

Once I get the holes cut into the 75 I will begin filling it up and the. Start to look at transferring the stuff out of the 90 and into the 75. Once I have my aquascape and gravel set how I like it I will transfer over the occupants from the 90 and then proceed to tear it out of the system and remove it from the room.
Pics to follow

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Ok a quick update with a couple pics. Package arrive today with a couple bulkheads, a couple valves, and a few fittings, along with 2 drill bits. So I turned tank on its side and went to town on it. One more 1" hole drilled to make the bean animal system and one 3/4" hole for a return pipe.
cf08d7a562c20dc569fcc95029243423.jpg

997930a8fa80b076f73542b278b95979.jpg

b7996ab53389eb0c8d2b48118b4d0970.jpg

43ec86bffa3075ab46683112ac725b3c.jpg

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Got the plumbing done tonight, what a job that was. Filled with 40gals water so far, need to make more tonight, will get up and running by morning and pics to follow. Used about 50' of 1"pvc and 20' of 3/4 to plumb 3 returns and 1 feed. I think I need a nap now, glue smells nice

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I can handle that. Lol 1", 3/4", 14mm 5/8" is what I've got. If you want bigger would need to order an drill bit. Tank has to be empty for me to do it and you need to verify its not tempered.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Transferred about 95% of tank mates over tonight, still have some snails and crabs to catch. But almost got it all. Anyone need some live sand? I think there's close to 3 bags in the bottom of the 90. I'll take some out for the 75 but if anyone wants some?? Pics when tank clears up again and lights are on.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Black frag rack adding shadows, stirred water on surface add shimmer to wall. The lights are reefbar pro. Still kinda getting lights set up and figured out.