New Tank Build/swap 75gal Rebuild

heath

Distinguished Member
he is just earning his keep, giving you reading from different areas of the tank.. that is a good reefer, haha. it is too funny..

I also just acquired 2 pincushion urchins from skittles cause she was sick of re-scapeing her corals . mine are in the refugium for now till new seahorse tank has cycled and they move everything lol

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Had my favourite fish jump out last night. My Pearscale butterfly :(. Dried on the floor this morning. I have black egg crate lids that I usually keep on tank, but have been slowly leaving off for longer periods while I'm at home, guess they need to stay on again. On the brighter side of this, I think he has eating my zoas so will see if they grow out better now.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Had my favourite fish jump out last night. My Pearscale butterfly :(. Dried on the floor this morning. I have black egg crate lids that I usually keep on tank, but have been slowly leaving off for longer periods while I'm at home, guess they need to stay on again. On the brighter side of this, I think he has eating my zoas so will see if they grow out better now.
that sucks Craig ! Hopefully the zoas recover !

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Camera doesn't do any justice but colours are starting to show up once again. Let's see if I can upload this pic and video.
6b1135bbaded8bf0cb4319e34469ba44.jpg

heath

Distinguished Member
looks good, I think that I want to come shopping in your tank, there were a couple of pieces in there that I would like,,,lol

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I think the reefbar a shipped with two of the su setter controllers was approx $375 us? I know it was less then $400.
How much duty did customs nail you with to get those across border? I'm looking to place an order worth $250, but have no idea how much extra to expect to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Ok so a couple new updates.

Last week, moved a rock in the back of the tank to dig out the wandering nem and found a monster Aptaisia, hit it with vinegar and it has disappeared, so today, look in and see the rock I have my gorgeous on has fallen over and it's touching some zoas, so I reach in and reposition it, I then see another Aptaisia that gets the vinegar treatment, along with seeing like the turbo has fallen over and died as well, so out he comes, but to my surprise, tucked under a rock is a few swimming fry. These guys are hiding under the rock that just got dosed with about 20ml of vinegar, I would assume from my clowns as they are the only pair of fish I have, looks like about 5 or 6 anyways, so here's my problem??? What do I do?

heath

Distinguished Member
that is awesome, are they clown babies ? can you fish them out and put them somewhere so that they will survive and grow.. this is great..

Sewerat

Super Active Member
So today I came home from work to find my black male clown finally using my anemone. He has been using the torch that is near the spot the pair have claimed as theirs. But really happy he found his way over to the nem now.